In October she and Roby came over on a Saturday night. Jenn told me I had better sit down for an announcement. They then told us they had just found out she was expecting! They had already selected names...Grayson for a boy and for a girl...Bella Marie! Her due date was going to be July 4th. I knew then she was going to be one firecracker of a baby. I said she because the Lord had already revealed to me that this baby was a girl. Everyone, including Jenn, thought it would be a boy. In fact, they had almost convinced me, but deep in my heart I knew it was a girl.
They were busy making plans for a July baby, but again God had other plans. On February 23, Jenn woke up extremely swollen. She went to their fire department to have them check her (she knew something was wrong because Misty had done the same thing right before delivering Graycie). Sure enough, her blood pressure was off the charts! She drove herself to her Ob/Gyn whose offices are by Baylor Hospital. Roby was to meet her there. She called me crying and telling me they were admitting her. She was only 21 weeks into her pregnancy. For the baby to be "viable"(I hate that word) they had to get her to at least 23. This meant a long hospital stay with complete bed rest. The only time she got to get up was to go for sonograms and x-rays. She was miserable, but she did what she had to do to get her baby that time!
At 23 weeks, two shots are given of steroids in 24 hour intervals to help the baby's lungs develop. The 24 hours are critical for the shots to be effective. She received the second shot on Tuesday, March 10. I had been at the hospital with Jenn on Wednesday and her best friend was coming to stay that night to let me go home and clean up. I had a strange feeling and called April to ask if she would mind staying Thursday night instead. I just felt like I needed to be with her.(God's plan still at work) Cat Daddy and I went back to the hospital with the intent of both of us staying. That night her blood pressure shot back up to a critical level and her protein had gone from 900 to 2600 overnight! Her lungs were filling with fluids and the time had come for delivery. Jenn was going into shock when her nurse in L&D leaned over her, took her face in her hands and started talking to her softly and sweetly. She was able to reassure Jenn and asked if Jenn would like her to pray with her. God placed this living angel in Jenn's room that night, of this I am so certain. They were able to wait until the next day to get her more stable before performing the c-section to bring baby Bella into the world kicking her little legs off. God had given her the time she needed...no more, no less!
The specialists and doctors gave them a market list of everything that could possible go wrong with Bella. This was all done very carefully, with a lot of statistics being thrown around. Problem with their plan...God's was different. He doesn't know what a statistic is and really doesn't care. His plan was that except for one little standard surgery, she would be perfect. She would be safe in her little glass castle and He would provide the best in medical care. She would grow and slowly all the tubes, needles and lines would be removed. She would need time for Him to finish her, but He allowed Jenn and Roby the privilege of seeing first hand how He creates a baby.
I'm sharing this with all of you today because I wanted you to see first hand your prayers in action. Her tiny body, 15 oz. at birth, has now grown to 2 lbs. 6 oz. and she is starting to fill out. The tiny 3" diaper is now filled out and she will soon be swimming in the next size up. Those skinny little legs and arms that she continues to drive the nurses crazy with are now not so spindly.
Our baby sleeps peacefully in her glass castle and continues to grow. Her doctor told Jenn this morning she has received a new medication that will help when they remove the ventilator in the next week or two! Glory to God!!! She will have the lines removed and will have an oxygen line placed in that button of a nose. When the ventilator lines are removed, Jenn will be able to hold her in her arms for the first time. Pray that this happens and that it will not be necessary to put it back in. When God put Jenn on this journey two months ago, she and Roby had no idea what the outcome would be. Jenn turned her eyes to God and kept them there, knowing that He who had placed her there would see her all the way home.