Monday, February 11, 2013

Like Falling Off A Log

AH-AH--AH---CHOO!

Excuse me y'all.  Been doing a little spring cleaning around this old hill beginning with dusting my keyboard.  Shucks...I had to fight my way through the cobwebs to try and find my desk.

~Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the ol' oak tree.~

By the by...are y'all as tired of looking at that pink Christmas tree as I am? I swear up and down...I do believe a family of chipmunks have taken up residence in the branches along with the cobwebs and lord only knows what else.

~Baby love, my baby love.~

I jest, y'all.  Everything is back to normal here at the Casita de Trash...or as normal as it can be when there's a squirrel running amuk.

~'Cause my steady boy said ship ahoy and joined the Navy.~

So let me stretch my finger muscles and give y'all a quick, down & dirty of my gad-a-abouts during my MIA.

~All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door.~

Robelyn and Jenn held another Red.Neck chic Soiree, but it deserves it's own special post.  I pinkie swear to deliver one in the next few weeks...after I quit laughing.  Let's just say it involves squirrels and y'all know my ongoing love affair with squirrels.

~You're the first, my last, my everything.~

Cat Daddy and I were first time exhibitors at the Dallas Market Center Home and Gift Sale in January.  We were in the Vintage Home Finds category and we loved it.  Seriously...what's not to love?

~I love you; a bushel and a peck. A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.~

There were amazing vendors all around us.

The restrooms were just spitting distance from us.

Two great cafes were in my back yard and Royer's pie was being served up just around the corner.

Only a 30 minute drive from the house...

~Well excuse me, but I think you've got my chair.~

Slept in my own bed every night...

Dream customers...

Great sales...

What's not to love...right?

Exactly!

~Heart like a wheel; I told you so and I've been loving you for so long.~

Loved it so much we ain't wasting no time.  We've already signed up for the June show.

~I'm hooked on a feelin', I ain't believin' that you're in love with me.~

Now, since we're talking the L word here...this is the month for passion, presents and presidents.  Using those ingredients, I'm gonna go see what kind of heart burn I can cook up on Valentine's Day just for y'all.

~She's got a pad down on 34th and Vine...sellin' little bottles of Love Potion #9.~

Be back soon and...

~You better knock, knock, knock on wood.~

I promise you won't have to look at a dead tree for nigh on two months this time around.