Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday's Whine List

Everyone has their morning routine and I'm willing to bet a doughnut to a dollar, many of us in the business of junketeering share a similar one.
 
I roll out of bed around 5ish every morning, power up the ol' computer, stumble into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee, then proceed to watch the weather while waiting for my eye opener to brew.
 
Once both are eyes are fully functional, I sit down to check the comings and goings of my world,  beginning with looking for new blog posts and ending with a check on Pinterest.  Somewhere in the middle of all this activity, I'll throw a load of laundry at the washer, fix me a bowl of oatmeal and maybe/maybe not get dressed.
 
What can I say? I'm a simple person by nature and unless there's something spectacular on my horizon...like the upcoming Fredericksburg Trade Days we'll be doing this weekend...I don't veer far from this routine.
 
I allow myself so much time for these frivolous diversions and can't afford to waste a second.  After all, there are only so many hours in a day I can p&*@ off without running the risk of getting caught behind doing unnecessary things.
 
I had began to notice Pinterest was throwing photos up for possible additions to my boards.  Not a lot mind you, but enough to catch my attention.  That is until this morning.
 
Ohmylanta!
 
There they were, at least 30...possibly more, I lost count...Related Pin suggestions on my feed! And if that wasn't bad enough, I was asked to give a thumbs up or down as feedback for each and every one of them. To add insult to injury, the only way to get this clutter off my feed?  I had to thumbs down each and every one of them!
 
Grrr!
 
How dare you Pinterest presume to know what I do or do not like based on what I've titled my boards.  Just because I have one titled Pinkadelphia doesn't mean I want to pin a pair of pink Toms. Obviously you don't have a clue or you wouldn't be showing me Crap. Yeah you heard me right. I said Crap with a capital C!  For every twenty you suggest to me, I may like one.  That's right...ONE!
 
I have no intention of ever digging my own swimming pool or making a quilt out of rubber bands, nor do I think I'll be  preparing and freezing enough meals to carry me into the next millennium!  Seriously? Like I could even afford to buy that many groceries at one time.  Besides...even though you think I do, I'm not sure I like lentils...unless they taste like chicken.
 
Pinterest, my advice to you?
 
Get offa my boards and outta my face!
 
I know what I like and unless you're willing to actually look at what I've pinned instead of making random suggestions, quit wasting my time.
 
Like I said earlier, I've only got so many hours in a day and I don't want to spend them deleting crummy ideas when my time is better spent stealing searching out brilliant ones.
 
Pinterest...you of all people should know that...since you obviously think you know it all.

If you really want to suggest something to me...make it a cheese to serve with whines.

Do and I promise up and down, I'll pin it...Pinkadelphia pinky swear.
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

donna baker said...

I've felt a little guilty for not doing facebook, pinterest, instagram et.al. Now, I don't feel so bad.

Bliss said...

I must need to log in to the big P and catch a look at what they think I like. Pretty sure they will be as off base on mine as they are on yours, however you could probably recommend stuff I'd like since you've got my morning routine nailed down.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I hear ya girl!
I don't spend a lot of time on Pinterest but I do have a similar routine as yours...wow we live exciting lives!!!

Love the blogs though.

Hugs
Sissie

Sue said...

It's tough to post on everything and work. I do the best I can for my store, but there are days that, well, I'm just too tired!!

Take care my friend. . .
Sue

Olivia said...

I canceled pinterest. First I had to find out my password. I must of signed up for something to do with food. They send pictures but I can't get the recipe. Only two things I like about food. First eating it and second cooking. Why would I just want to look at pictures of food. I know what food looks like. I want to know how to make the food. Don't miss them at all.

holli said...

I LOVE Pinterest and i'm slightly addicted to it. I even have the App on my phone and go on it during conference calls at work. Shhh dont tell! I am not a fan though of them wanting me to use their suggestions. Why fix it if it aint broke?!