Sunday, July 24, 2011

Feeling My Heart Jump

 I'd like to say once again, thank you Karen for hosting Where Bloggers Create. To say I came away inspired would be an understatement.  The talent out there is like a scratchy throat...it tickles me to no end.

(Thank you Sister Janet for my beautiful pendant.  I wear it everywhere...including to bed!)


Seeing all the fabulous studios, playpens and offices was amazing and I picked up three important things while viewing the miracle cure-alls they provided.

First...just when I get to thinking there isn't anything new under the sun...I find out how wrong that assumption is.  The trick is to make something old, new again.  These folks start with just a germ of an idea that grows into full blown genius until at last it goes viral,  infecting everyone who wishes they had thought of it first.

I'll be the first to admit to catching more than one or two great solutions to the headaches of problematic storage and cute remedies for the pain of trying to contain clutter.  

Second...while I thought I was a hoarder magpie collector deluxe...some of these gals make moi look like a piker...and I've been at it for 20+ years!  It's a hard pill to swallow, but shoot...I thought I held a B.P.* when it came to buying/accumulating stuff.  Silly me...'cause it seems a lot of these girls have Ph.D.** shingles hanging on their walls!

(*Builder of Piles)

(**Piled Higher and Deeper)

Truthfully, I got the bends gazing glassy eyed and slack jaw at some of their collections.  Fact is, the knowledge that a lot of this stuff is gonna be used for art and not for collecting dust, blew my mind.  What a concept!

Law...I stopped breathing a coupla times just thinking about it and thought ol' Cat Daddy was gonna have to give me mouth to mouth!

(Just a little sump'n sump'n for Debra. This one's for you doll!  MEOW!)

Lastly...there is no such thing as a completed house or even a single room.  It's an ongoing sickness that we women seem to pass from one to another...secretly hoping a cure is never found...all the while our significant others are desperately praying for one to stop the epidemic of ideas.

I now find myself caught in the feverish throes of re-fluffing my fluffing after being exposed to so many clever ideas.  In fact...I'm flat out light headed from the thoughts that are whirling in this dizzy noggin of mine.

This is going to be my project for the week...four chairs and a darling leather topped game table (with two leaves).  If you don't hear from me during the week...you know I've quarantined myself until I finish....or am overcome by paint fumes.


So much inspiration...so little time!

Ah-Choo!


22 comments:

the domestic fringe said...

Can't wait to see your finished project! Glad you had fun and got some good ideas. :-)
-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

Yes M'am...the ideas out there are mind boggling. Sometimes I think I need to stop blogging for about 3 months just to stay away from new ideas so I can rest a bit. I thought I was through with my house for the summer before the fall party but NOT...I have decided to redo the porch scene all because a workman broke my shabby coffee table. LOL...the whole room gets a redo. Deb, you haven't seen collecting and hoarding like I did this past weekend. I went to the "moving sale" to end all moving sales. It was skeery! xoxo Lynn

Bonnie said...

Law...( love that!...I wish I could visit with you for inspiration and fun. Love that photo of Cat Daddy!

xo, Bonnie

maryboys said...

that was worth it, for the commentary alone, deb:) and i love the chairs and table! happy week to you...

mary

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Ohhhh, anxiously awaiting to see your finished project!!!!

When my husband tells me I have too much junk, I tell him, you THINK I HAVE "junk" and then I show him some creative spaces that I just droll over and tell him, boy I wish I had all their TREASURES!!!!

xxo
Marsha

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the big finish!Thankyou for sharing!!

red.neck chic said...

Good Grief!!! I LOVE THAT TABLE!!! But not as much as the little trashies.... they are SO cute!!!!!

I'm still investigating the world of where these creative geniuses create...
I'll be there for a couple of months. LOL

;-D when do i get to babysit?

xoxo
robelyn

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait to see the finished table and chairs! LOVE the pic of CD!!!

Tending to my new babies so I have not had much time for visiting my favorite Blogs!

Sending LOVE!
LuLu~*xoxo

Gracie's Cottage said...

Well now you've convinced me that I must go back and catch up on all the posts I've misses. Love, love, love the pendant from your sis...sweet!

Jan

Gracie's Cottage said...

"missed"' not "misses"

time worn interiors said...

Can't wait to see your make over!
tot

Jane said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Visiting all of the beautiful studios was mind boggling. So much talent in blogland.
Looking forward to seeing your makeover.
Jane

Joyce Janes said...

You got it goin on girl! I should be working on getting ready for Barn House but I found myself in blogland, and yours is one of the best. Keep up the good blogging...always look forward to your adventures. ~Joyce

aka Calamityjaneslifestyle.blogspot.com

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Cute pic of your babies!! That's a fine looking table too BTW.

Unknown said...

Lovin that table and the chair too! Maybe I need to come to Texas to shop.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great shot of CD! Now, I want to see more of that great table and the rest of this space! That photo charm is adorable just like your cutie pie granddaughter! xoxo D

Dixie said...

I have to count you amongst my inspirations! thanks Deb!

hugs. Dixie

Carole said...

I only got thru the c's but I'll get thru them eventually. It is truly mindboggling the talent out there....and all the stuff. It got me motivated too but more for some of my other rooms. I've been painting every chance I get. Even got some 20 yr projects completed.
Be careful with the fumes....i want you around for awhile!
xx
Carole

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

you had me at paint fumes.......lol!
beth

Kate said...

I can't wait either Deb can't wait to see the sass herself do her thing. Hugs to you and C Daddy

xoxo
Kate

Lily's Lace said...

I just want to know how all these women got what looks like the biggest room in the house! My room is the size of a chicken coop! Now granted I do have a closet that hubby has been told never to open, and maybe a little in the garage, and the storage unit, oh yea and a big armoire upstairs..hehe, ok where was I oh yea, their rooms were huge! But I know what you mean about seeing all these rooms making you step it up a bit. Time to Guild the lilly!xoxo-cindy

Pam @ Frippery said...

Oh Deb, That table will be awesome. I haven't had time to get through many of the studio tours yet. I am currently dismantling and moving everything in my craft room to an upstairs bedroom as college boy is moving back home in a week or two. Sheesh, what a job. I figure he is better off in the basement room where I don't have to listen up for when he gets home, haha. LYttH, Pam