Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Now You See Her...Now You Don't

Some of you may have noticed I've been a little MIA lately...or at least I hope you've noticed and I'm not just talking to crickets. With all that's been going on in my life the past year and a half, the one thing that has been repeatedly neglected is my home. Except for a lick and a promise (just in case the preacher dropped by) I haven't put a lot of thought or care into being a domesticated animal. Case in point being my spare bedroom. I had sold all the furniture out of it and just about gutted it when Jenn first went into the hospital in February 2009. I'm ashamed to admit it...BUT...it still is in a state of complete disarray! I decided it was time to get bizzy on that one and no time like the present to dig in. I'm redoing it for my girls ( I love saying that...my girls) and hopefully I'll be able to show photos in the near future. That is...if what's in my head transfers to reality!

Y'all know me though...I can't stay focused on just one thing. I also decided to flip my living and dining areas (SSSHHH! Don't tell Cat Daddy...he doesn't handle change well!) This opened up a whole new can of worms since I want to change the wall color to white. Simple huh? Do y'all have any idea how many shades of white there are? Good gosharover, but there are tons. Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated. I want a true white, but not antiseptic and no yellow undertones...does that make sense? Guidance people...I need guidance! (BTW...are you loving my sweet firecracker of a doll? She's a gift from the darling Red Shed girls and was created by Grace Barzyz. This woman has mad, crazy skilz and I love her art! Thanks V&M!)

BUT...back to what I've been up to...

In doing all this "reworking", I'm trying to clean...and I do mean clean...and get organized once and for all! No easy task for a hoarder...can I get an amen? Slowly but surely, I am digging out of this mess of a house and restoring calm to the Casita de Trash. (A quick update on Cat Daddy for all of y'all who have asked. He is doing great...mending well...and driving me crazy. Things really are starting to return to normal!)

Finally, I want to add I may be MIA again for a while. I've got a lot of stuff to do around here and Jenn has made a life decision that I want to fully support. She did a post recently on her new path and if you have the chance, please go over and read it. She needs all the help, encouragement, advice, and prayers she can get. I'll talk more about it later, but I don't want to get in her way right now...only be a helpmate. May I also add how tremendously proud I am to be her mother? Okay...I guess that's all I got for now.

Trash Out!

22 comments:

Laura said...

Good Night Nurse, I am glad you are back.
I am also inspired.
As I was reading your post,
I was thinking of the word stewardship,
and again, I was inspired.

You are caring for family and your home.
It doesn't get any better than that.

Real, heartfelt blogging, should be as much about the 'I need a little break to get things done' posts, as it is about all of the fun show and tell.
Right?

Thank you, thank you , thank you.
Have fun!

Laura Belle

There is a Sherwin Williams Extra White you might buy a quart of-
Look at the french hutch someone re-did on White Wednesday. She used that color.

Sue said...

I LOVED Jenn's post last night and your heart must be bursting with pride. After all that girl has been through, and now to want to turn it into helping others, totally amazing! I too am proud of her. You have raised a beautiful young lady. Like you, trying to keep all the balls in the air without crashing is a bit overwhelming at times. Half the time I don't even remember what month it is, let alone what year!!! Glad I'm not alone in this crazy ass world of ours. I wish you the best on your journey and if you figure out to find some extra hours in the day could you let me know?

Take care, Sue

David said...

Good to hear from you! Glad Cat Daddy is doing well and Jenn's post is an inspiration! I know you're so proud! Good luck with the Casita de Trash!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I have missed you but I know you have been crazy busy getting Cat Daddy mended. I am so glad to know he is doing great! Can't wait to see what you create and now, I am off to Jenn's to see what she is up to! Hope you have a great day!

Lou Cinda :)

PS I think Jenn is blessed to have you as her mom as well...just sayin'

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Well I for one have missed you, but the good thing (or at least for me is) when I miss you I can at least call you! Glad you're back for today at least and so understand your life issues. They are more important anyways.

time worn interiors said...

Glad you are back with us, and I am super glad Cat Daddy is doing well! Have a great day!
TOT

Malisa said...

So glad that Cat Daddy is driving you crazy again! That is such a good sign! Would you like Lurch for awhile? Seriously! You can have him! What's one more? They could be like Dumb and Dumber!:) Or how about Beavis and Butthead? Tom and Jerry? Laurel and Hardy? Bert and Ernie? Amos and Andy? Tweedledee and Tweedledum? Lone Ranger and Tonto? Mutt and Jeff? Cheech and Chong? Pork and Beans? Rocky and Bullwinkle? Sanford and Son? Gilligan and the Skipper? Jack and Coke? Daryl and his other brother, Daryl? Well, you get the idea!

Glad you are creating a room just for your girls! That would be so much fun! I can't wait to see the finished project!

I am proud of Jenn. Know you are busting at the seams! I left her a comment and will follow up!

So good to hear from you! Now, get back to work!

Malisa

Queenplinker said...

You have every right to be a proud Mama! I'm so happy to hear cat Daddy is on the mend!

Be careful, when you start moving things around, you find the need for more stuff.lol Let me know when you head to First Monday..we can meet for some lemonade and junk hunting :0)

Have a wonderful day, Lynea

PS, thanks! I'll have the bowl legged women song on my brain for the rest of the day.lol

Olive said...

Woo hoo, you are sassy and fun. Paint and clean my dears. Prayer works...so gald CD is faring well! olive♥

Blue Creek Home said...

It's been a while since I heard 'lick and a promise'!!!! It made me smile.

I visited your daughters blog. She is one strong mommy and Bella is absolutely adorable!!!

Rhonda

Anne Lorys said...

I always miss you when you're away, but I always hang on to the hope that maybe you'll just pop up wherever I am unexpectedly....like Paper Cowgirl! :-)

I need a little bit of your energy, Deb. Can you Fed Ex it to me over here????

Jenn is indeed an inspiration, how wonderful to want to help other preemie fams out there!

Big hugs to you!
Love,
Anne

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You have been so missed here in Blogland! Good luck with your cleaning out projects, boy do I feel sorry for you! LOL.

hugs
Sissie

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

AMEN SISTA!! When ya get that big ole mess cleaned up, head on over to NC and help me!!!
Glad you are back and busy!
:0)
Beth

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Glad your love is feeling better...
"No easy task for a hoarder....can I get an Amen?"
AMEN sister!
:)

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Amen! Been missin' y'all! You'd think those projects would take care of themselves after a while, but nooooo! They just sit around and wait for you. Glad CD is doing well...big hugs! As for choosing a white...ummmm...here's a link for you...

http://en.chatelaine.com/english/home/article.jsp?content=20060405_094037_1428

Janet said...

well good golly! why in tarnation would i think things have slowed down even one little bit for you?! want me to turn it up a notch? uh, warrenton in 8ish weeks! eeeeeekkkkk!

Mindy said...

You are singing the same song I keep hearing in my head. Only diff...you are doing what the voices are telling you! I haven't learned to shutup and clean yet. You are my muse. Thanks for coming up for air. Always good to get an update. ~Mindy

Prior said...

I've missed you, I love your blog and the way you have of telling a story, but I think you should get after your projects, when I finally accomplish something it helps me breath, and breathing is good! Lezlee

sassytrash said...

You were so missed! I am glad CD is doing great, and what a treasure your sweet daughter is---I hope she gets lots of encouragement and aid in her wonderful idea!! I'm no hoarder (well a bit of one in the vintage hardware category) and I can't seem to get my place culled out, even after months at it! It's hard work, but fun to change everything! My favorite wall color--everything looks good with it--is a light chocolate milkshake color. But when you start looking at whites---forget about it, it just gets more confusing! Good luck with the decorating!!

FILIGREE MOON said...

So happy to hear that Cat Daddy is recovering nicely! I understand the white paint thing...and the need to just stop and regroup! Thank you for your sweet words today ~ that ring is a TJMaxx find. Who woulda thunk it? ~ Angela

Debra@CommonGround said...

WOW, that Jenn is amazing! Just went over and left her a note.
And yeah, the hoarder syndrome has put my house in chaos for the last 4 years! We're trying to make some sense of it all around here finally.
Hard playing catch-up! Good to see you post and I love the tiny "melon head" in the latest post. OMG, that sideways glance...is she a flirt or what?
love ya,
Debra

Anonymous said...

With raising two boys I am tickled pink to be able to say "my girls" too. With two grand-daughters, one fabulous daughter-in-law and one adorable daughter-in-love I am busy buying all kinds of girly things.

I have missed your funny comments at my blog as I have been remiss at visiting everyone too. It's been one crazy fast summer. I can't believe August is almost here. Anyway...I read all about CD and so glad he is on the mend now. How is your book coming along? Stay as sweet and kind and loving as always. xoxo Lynn