Friday, June 15, 2012

Life Can Be A Beach

Do y'all remember going back to school after Labor Day and the first assignment was to write an essay on "What I did this summer."?

That's what I've been working on lately...only with a twist.

Mine will be more like an essay titled "What I didn't do this summer". 

To begin with...I haven't done this.

Instead of getting wet in the ocean...where it's cool and relaxing,

I'm getting sweaty cleaning out the barn...where it's hotter than whodathoughtit.

(Oh there's salt on my hair and skin all right.

Just not the smell-good kind...if you catch my drift.

Come any closer...and you will!)


Instead of walking along the shoreline gathering my thoughts and these...


I'm running up and down the highways...my gitalong parked in the poodle seat... gathering this.


Some would argue it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys to ferret out hidden treasures on the back roads of Texas and in the colder months I'd agree...

BUT...

this summer, seems I got me a real hankerin' to walk barefoot on the sand...

sportin' a fresh French pedicure,

bedecked in my new white eyelet dress,

while flashin' a smile and this.


Sadly my Happy-Birthday-To-Me bracelet and my chance to return starfish to the ocean are temporarily beached.

These days the only things I'm sportin' around the Casita de Trash are a junker's tan, raggedy jeans, and grocery store feet...
and the only sand in my hands is attached to 100-grit paper.

(I keep tellin' myself at least it's not in my underwear, but self replies it's willin' to risk being sawed in half for the smell of salt spray instead of dust!)

SIGH!

~Galveston, oh Galveston.  I still hear your sea waves crashing.~Jimmy Webb

(btw...IS SANDY SHORES ANY KIN TO DINAH?)

TBC



10 comments:

Gayle said...

WOW!! That's some good lookin' junk you are collecting! That game wheel in the barn....love!!
(Hope you find time for a bit of fun.)

Vintage Home said...

Girl you kill me! So much awesome stuff...treasures...I am sure glad you are out & about!

Olive said...

All work and no beach makes my poet sad. Please go to said beach directly.

Nancy's Notes said...

I'm always amused when I drop in gf! I'd like to just shop out of your truck! Looks like quite a hawl!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I agree, that's some good lookin' junk in the truck!! It's been HOT here too and I sure do glisten when I'm out pickin' but I do jump in the pool when I get home to cool off and wash off all that dirt LOL

xoxo

donna baker said...

Love the grocery store feet. I took my shoes off so I wouldn't get them dirty in my garden and had such dirty feet, I couldn't get them clean with scrubbing.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'm certainly not at the beach, but I'd rather be junkin in Texas! My kids say I have Flintstone feet!

time worn interiors said...

You poor thing! Wish I could come to Texas pick you up and we could both go to the beach!
tot

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are better hitting the junkin trail with CD than being on a hot beach with all the tan men! Right, not very convincing am I? Well put spray tan on CD and jump in the kiddie pool and just pretend you are in Galveston. Don't forget the drink with the umbrella in it!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wish I could borrow you for a day and bring you to the beaches of Cape Cod!