Saturday, May 30, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Have I got some news for y'all!!! Take a good look at this photo of Bella. The next photos I will be putting up for show and tell will be totally different! Her C-pac was removed and a nasal line is now in its place. She began her immunizations today just like a normal two month old baby. She was taken out of her glass castle and placed in a normal nursery bed. The nurses are putting her off and on in a infant seat so she can take a look around the NICU and let the other babies see what they have to look forward to. AND...MY BABY HAS CLOTHES ON!!! Not that she likes them, but she has britches and everything. Isn't God good! This all means that she will be coming home and soon. You can't see me, but trust me, the tears and the smile says it all! Thank you God and thank you my friends for all your prayers. Isn't she just the perfect little southern girl? A true lady always wears gloves!To put a cherry on the top of my day, Lisa at La Rustique Market gave me the Lovely Blog Award AND Shelley at Sweet Pea Home has tagged me. Y'all know what that means, right? I get to talk even more about myself. Just when you thought it was safe to go into the blog pool! If you are bored to death with me, I suggest you click off NOW, otherwise, here we go again with even more blackmail info. Oh by the by, I am going to combine the two awards lists with the first being about me and maybe the rest being about Cat Daddy. He likes to get his props every now and then, too! BTW, does all this tagging remind anyone else of the game "Truth or Dare" we used to play at slumber parties?
- I broke my little finger being chased around the backyard by a bumble bee. I was wearing a swimsuit at the time, fell over the volleyball guards and didn't know it was broken until a week later when the swelling went down. Yes, there were witnesses!
- I dislocated my knee while dancing for a dollar at my son's reception. Yes, there were witnesses!
- I fainted and fell off the top riser during a choir rehearsal resulting in stitches to my forehead. I still have the scar and yes, there were witnesses!
- I wrecked my car in an automatic car wash while trying to exit. Yes, there were witnesses!
- While joy riding, I knocked my front tooth loose after jumping off the fender of a car when someone yelled Police. I tried to tell my parents I tripped off a curb, which they actually believed (I wonder why), but later confessed the truth. Yes, there were witnesses!
- I fell down a flight of stairs my first day at UNT (in a dress no less) and of course, there were witnesses, all guys!
- I can dance with the best of them ( don't count #2), but cannot walk across a room without hurting myself and yes, there are always witnesses!
- Cat Daddy was a wonderful dance partner until we said I do... then he did not.
- Even though he is 6', five feet of it is torso, but he sits a horse really well. Tall in the saddle!
- Except for the first two years we were married, he has lived on the same street all his life. When he was working out of town, I bought the house across from his mom and dad. We have been in the same home for 34 years!
Are you ready to call uncle? OK then, that's enough about me for now. The next time you hear from me I'll have new photos to rock your world! JENN HAS PHOTOS UP!!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Now I am just going to ramble so hang with me if you can. Mindy tagged me and wanted me to list 6 things that I am going to be bringing to my space at Winnie & ulula'sT. I hate to give too much away, but because I love games, I'll play along.
- White alabaster lamps
- White garden statuary
- White fountain
- White accessories
- White garden sets
- White pottery
Do you see a trend here? Not that it will all be white...there will be rust. Rust is quite the commodity in our business. And of course, some gold...y'all know gold lame' is my favorite color!
- I love to read! Anything-books, maps, magazines, newspapers, cereal boxes...if it's written, I'll read it.
- I have a passion for watches. They're kind of like shoes...you really only need one, but I have to have a different one to wear with different outfits. My favorites are my Luckys'.
- I can't remember names. This is just so embarrassing. If you see me out and I look a little confused, please be kind and just gently remind me of your name. I'm not rude, just moniker-challenged.
- While I can't remember names, just give me your phone number and I will remember it until you change it. Same with addresses...does this make me an oddity?
- Music is my life blood. If you can't tell by posts I do, every memory I have is tied to a song. My love of music is like my love of reading. I love all of it from show tunes to polka music.
- I was a rural mail carrier for a long time. I delivered mail in a Chevy S-10 blazer from the passenger side with my leg stretched out like a Barbie doll! And that's a whole 'nother post!!!
You know, before too long y'all are going to know more about me than Cat Daddy!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
- I am a handbag freak. If you think I love shoes, you ought to see the other side of the closet. Oh my! If you share my obsession, then no explanation is needed. If you don't, I couldn't begin to make you understand what it is about new purse smell that is like no other.
- I have a thing for bald headed men. Don't tell Cat Daddy although I think he suspects. I mean, not to the point I want him to shave his head or anything, but if a man has the head and the face for it, there is only one word to describe it....MMMMM! (Think Captain Picard, Chris Daughtry or Jay Bush!)
- My secret vice is Brazil nuts. I am so nutso for these nuts. If you want to shut me up, just give me these to eat and I am too busy to talk!
- I love to wear white clothes in the summer even though I look awful in white! I like to feel like I am at the Hamptons for the whole summer. I think I should mention I also am one of those girls who cannot stay clean and yet I want to wear white. I run around looking like the renegade Good Humor Man for the better part of three months even into the fall.
- I am addicted to game playing. No one will play with me anymore because I don't know when to stop. Check out Moonlight Hollow's Pop Quiz on Tuesdays and you will see what I am talking about!
- I am afraid to cut my hair. I feel like I am Samson and without it I have no identity or personality. This is a big thing for me to admit. It isn't vanity, it's the fear of people no longer liking me. I know it's silly, but I'm being honest here.
- I love to iron. I hate laundry, but I love to iron. I love the smell and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it. It's soothing to my soul.
- I am a peacemaker. I hate confrontations and will go out of my way to avoid them. Arguments make me very uncomfortable even when it is someone else doing the fighting. I then feel the need to make everyone friends again. Sometimes it works, but not always.
- I am 58 years old. Don't ask again...I'm only going to tell that once and then self-destruct.
- I am a fabricaholic. I don't sew or do crafts or quilt or anything. I just buy and horde fabric. Is there a cure and do I really want to stop?
Now I am supposed to pass it on, but before I do I want to mention one other award I just received from Cathleen at Vintage Homelife Style called One Lovely Blog Award. Cathleen is a new friend as well with a beautiful blog. Isn't this one of the prettiest buttons ever? I was thrilled and over the moon when she selected me as one of her ten to receive it and I am supposed to pass it on to ten more. Now the fun begins. The ten I have selected to pass on both the Honest Scrap Award AND the One Lovely Blog Award will be listed below. These ten ladies are not just getting these awards, but they are also the ten names I pulled out of the vaporizer that I will be buying a Bella Buck Raffle ticket for. So girls, this is a win-win deal for you. I am really anxious for them to post ten things about themselves so that I will have the opportunity to get to know them better. Doesn't this sound like fun. So in no random order, here are the winners:
- RetroMod Girl
- Vintage Inspired Jewelry
- Vintage Patina
- Magnolia Memories 08
- Domestic Fringe
- Vintage Nest
- My Petite Maison
- CC Millefleur
- Delighted Heart
Girls, I will need your e-mail addresses to send to Amy at Junk Sistas. Once the drawing is done and if you win, this will be the way to get in contact with you. Good luck and here's hoping my ticket is your winning ticket.