Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Prepare to be dazzled at the array of goods gathered and brought from exotic locales to be purchased as souvenirs. Watch as tents full of merchandise are suddenly empty and the back of trucks just as suddenly full...all as if by magic! See and be amazed at how many women can fit in a suburban packed to the hilt with one of a kind treasures.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Tiny Pink Bible
- "Rocker Chic" necklace by Betsey Johnson
- "Puttin' On The Grits" book
- Personalized Banner
- "Queen to Bishop" handmade necklace
- Pair of cute frames
- "Bella" cookie favor by Cookie du Monde
- Nest with eggs
- Paper Flower made by Liz and Fran
- Tussy Mussy
- "Key to My Heart" pendant by Betsey Johnson
Yep, I did it! Sorry Laurie...I get to keep Cat Daddy! Now for the winners.....
What I did y'all was list everyone who left a comment on every post leading up to Bella's birthday...some of you had a lo-o-o-ot of entries...then I gave everyone who blogged or put something on their sidebar another entry...then I added the names of all Jenn's new followers...then I took an Advil for writer's cramp! I took all this to Bella's birthday party where Bella helped choose the winners. They are...hold onto your seats...
- Robelyn at Red.neck Chic who will receive gift 1,2,4,5
- The Lone Dollier who will receive gifts 6, 7, 8, 9
- Debra at Common Ground will receive 3, 10, 11, 12
(Y'all don't even want to know what convoluted method I used to assign the presents!)
Jenn has decided to add another gift to the pile to say thank you for following Bella's baby steps. She drew a name from her list of followers and Laura of White Spray Paint...you will be receiving an official, one of kind, can't buy it in a store, party hat just like the one Bella wore! I want photos of you in it L.B.!
Now all we need are y'alls addresses. You can either e-mail Jenn or me with your info and we'll try and get everything mailed out before leaving for the Mother Ship. If we fail...you will forgive us, right...um, I said right? (Insert cricket sounds here!)
I want to thank all of you for supporting Jenn in her first (but not last) giveaway. I'll just make sure the next time her computer is up and running. This one just about did me in! I also want to say thank you for all the wonderful comments y'all left for Bella. Some day she'll read all of these and will feel the love that came with her birth and if she ever feels down, she only has to look to y'all to lift her up. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Friday, March 12, 2010
You my darling, hold so many hearts in your tiny fist, starting with mine. I do not know what the future holds for you. You can and will be so many things beginning with the delight of your parents, but I won't think on that now. That is for another day far in the future. Instead I'll concentrate on the now...this day...this minute. You are as you should be...as God designed you...perfect.
That we would have been allowed the honor of seeing His work day in and day out is overwhelming. To see your eyelashes appear, then toe and finger nails. To watch you plump out where there had only been skin with a myriad of veins visible to you now...our precious Sta-Puff girl. To the joy each ounce brought to us...to see you go from 15 ounces to 15 pounds and the victory of God's promise. Your name means God's promise and He has fulfilled that promise and so much more. To hear the first little sound you made to the first time you found your voice to the constant chatter that is you. I will delight in the first time I hear you say Nana or whatever you choose to call me. It's been a roller coaster of a ride my sweet girl, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
In just a few short hours, I'll be watching you try to eat cake and laughing at the majority of it on you instead of in you. While I'm doing it, princess, I'll also be thanking God for His mercy and goodness in the wonder of you. I love you Bella Baby and with God's grace I'll be around for many more birthdays.
Happy 1st birthday!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Next order of business....Anne just did a post asking what she, as a virgin vendor, needed to take to do the Big Show besides stuff to sell. Theresa did a fabulous post on what shoppers needed to bring, but I don't know if anyone has touched on hints for first time sellers, so I thought I'd help out.
Some things are a given like snacks, water, sunscreen...the same things shoppers need, but when it comes to being in the middle of a cow field, setting up shop for nine days...that's a whole different set of needs. Here is Part I of my survival guide to selling at the Big Show.
- I always pack my entire closet. You never know when it's going to be colder than who'd a thought it or hotter than a firecracker. There is wind, rain...heck, we've seen ice! Don't believe for one minute you can run to Walmart and get a sweater or raincoat 'cause everybody has the same idea and the next thing you know...you're parading around in a trash bag...and proud to have it.
- Bring bling and lots of it. No self respecting Texas girl goes out without something shiny...even when setting up. You've heard that song "I Got Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle"? We ladies like to jingle too...I said jingle...not jiggle! Can't do that unless you bring the ammunition. I pack a separate suitcase just for my artillery!
- Starting out, you'll need a lot of small bills for making change, but before the show is over...hopefully...you'll look like you're getting ready to go to ladies night at the La Bare! Be sure and pack something to keep that money safely in. I've heard tales of purses being left in restaurants, in tents...even in the porta-potties...so plan on being your own Brinks.
- Receipt books and pens are a must. Pens have a way of wandering off, never to be seen again and receipt books are great for keeping track of sales. Not every customer wants one, but it sure makes it easier come tax time.
- Speaking of tax time...be sure and bring your tax resale certificate. We have had visitors (and you know who I mean...da da da da-a-a!) from Austin checking the numbers...so Caveat Venditor. I've been dying to use that term!
- Anything you were using in the way of tags, stickers, rock, paper, scissors, glue, etc. when preparing to come down, bring. This also includes hammer, nails, glue gun, stapler, etc. Plenty of pretty paper and sacks are a must...although I have been known to use a grocery sack in my time if I ran out of the pretty stuff!
- Any and all medications you think you might need. Don't leave home without 'em...and that includes liniment and Epsom's salts for all the aches and pains!
- If you can fit it in...you might as well throw in the kitchen sink, but the one thing that is a must...a good attitude. Pack a smile and plan on a good time. Customers are there to shop, but they are also there to laugh. Provide them with that and I guarantee you'll have return shoppers.
Anne, I hoped this helped and I'll get Part II put together before we leave for the Mother Ship...how's that?
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
~Precious (presh' es) adj. in the North, something valuable such as a gem, in the South, a glorious gem of a girl~
Putting on the GRITS-Deborah Ford There's recipes tucked inside as well as anecdotes. There is a whole calendar of reasons to have a party (like we need an excuse, but just in case...) like Elvis' birthday, Kentucky Derby, start of Nascar or even the Red Neck Games. (No Robelyn, I am not making that up...google it if you don't believe me!)
With this book in hand, you'll be able to hostess a party that folks will be talking about for years and you'll be changing your name to Scarlett! (Hint #4: Down here folks tend to get so relaxed that they don't always want to leave. I've had "come and go" parties that lasted for days. Don't say I didn't warn you!)
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
One more thing...and then I really do have to go get Lost...I'll be listing some new items on Etsy in the morning, so drop by for a little looky-look around tenish!