Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 23 and Treasure Hunting

Just a quick post today. The gals at Moonlight Hollow will be hosting a treasure hunt at their blog to celebrate their 100th post. You all know how much I love contests especially when there is a challenge involved, but unfortunately I won't be able to participate in this one. I may get to but I'm thinking not. Anyway, I thought I would throw the challenge to all of you. Go over to their blog, sign up and see if you can win one for the Gipper....namely me! There are some really cool prizes involved and it looks like it will be a lot of fun. I know I always enjoy playing in their other games like The Never Ending Story so if you're looking for a good time, call on these two! They just have to be the original good time girls because I see their phone numbers on all the really important bathroom walls. They are really going all out to make this a fun event. In fact, I think I just saw them recently at the beauty salon getting all gussied up for you. If they're willing to go to all this trouble for you how can you possibly say no to playing! Don't hate them because they are beautiful. Just play along and say thank you when you win. (Remember the Gipper!) Oh and be sure to tell Karen and Malisa that I sent you! Brownie points for me, you know? If you happen to see Captain Jack while you're looking for treasure, will you tell him I still love him? Heck, if you see Cap'n Crunch, tell him I love him too!
Here's a quick update on my girl. She is now in her 23rd week...the magic number according to the doctors. Her protein levels are still going up and down but her blood pressure is still being managed. She's received two steroid shots to help the baby's lungs develop and is still getting heparin twice a day. They did a sonogram on her yesterday and the baby is growing on schedule and is not in any distress. This news really seemed to relax Jenn more than anything else. She has been so worried but trying so hard not to show it. We found out what Roby and Jenn are going to have and I'll share that with you next week. The doctor couldn't be 100% sure because of the way the baby is positioned(which is breech, more on that later). They will be doing a sono once a week now, so I'm waiting until the second one is done to do the big reveal. Right now, we just feel blessed that the baby is all right. I'll try and post another update as I have more information, but for now thank you again for your prayers. Please keep them coming!

17 comments:

Antiques and More Blog said...

Debbie,

Thank the Lord for the great news on Jenn and baby! God Bless Jenn for staying strong through all this and with God's will this baby will pull through as well..babies are stronger than we think!

Will continue praying for all of you.

Love and Blessings~
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thank Heaven! It sounds like things are under control. So, glad that the news was good and Jenn could relax some. And you know what the baby is!! Now you can really start shopping!! I'll continue to pray for great reports and rest for all of you. Thanks for the updates.
marcie

Pam @ Frippery said...

Hooray for good news! We will keep praying. Love to you and your family, Pam

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

That's great news, Debbie! Hooray! I'm so glad all the prayers are working for Jenn and the baby. Hope you're not too tired. Keep those spirits up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, Such good news , I'm Sending up Thank you prayers. It sounds like Jenn is in the most capable hands. I'll be lurking to see who this little one is. Sue

Whispering Pine Cottage said...

I am so glad for the good news! I can't even imagine how happy you are! Will miss you in the competition! Angie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Deb, so glad so many prayers were answered. So glad to read this and can't wait for the big reveal!!

Mindy said...

Ha! Happy week 23! This is great news! I am so glad to hear it, Debbie. ~Mindy

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Oh, what good news about your girl and that sweet baby. Thanks for posting an update for your extended family!

By the way, the hairdryer photo is a riot.....okay I'm headed over to try and win one for the Gipper! ~LaurieAnna

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

Oh, what great news and I am so happy to hear that Jenn and baby are doing well. I will keep them in my prayers and I can't wait to find out!

Malisa said...

I didn't see Captain Crunch...but I did see Colonel Sanders! Told him hi for you! He said you have great legs and breasts! I told him that you are into the extra spicy stuff! Love over the fat fryer...does it get any better than that?

What wonderful news about Jenn and the baby! You don't have to tell us the sex...just start calling the baby Little Malisa and Little Lurch and we can figure it out! It is so good to know that the baby is not in stress...which makes mom and grandmom in less stress! You are not tucking in the sheets and waking Jenn up every 5 minutes, are you? Good job!

You must be the MOST wonderful to take the time to promote our Treasure Hunt while you are "just hanging" at the hospital! I know that you did not have time to do that...but we really appreciate you and your friendship! You notice I said "we"...did you see Karen posted today? Will wonders never cease?

You keep taking care of Jenn and baby and Cat Daddy! We will keep the prayers going! If you can turn your computer on at the appropriate time (to be announced tomorrow) Sunday, we would love to have you play...you know you win everything we do!!!

Love you!

Malisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb, thrilled to hear about Jenn and the baby. I didn't tell you, but my daughter and Jenn are both 23 weeks. We are going to have a boy - can't wait to hear what y'all are having!

cheryl said...

Oh, Debbie! That is fabulous news!!! We are praying for Jenn and that little rascal (I think it's a stubborn GIRL) fervently! Thanks for the update...I'm checking and reporting back to the whole family!!!
We love you!
Cheryl
(and, can you even believe that we have come to a place in medical terms that 23 weeks is a magic number?!? How GREAT is God?!? I have a friend with a baby born at 23 weeks and you'd never know that little pistol didn't stay in there those extra weeks...he seems to have been plotting for years! He's healthy as a horse and a total hoot!!!)

Debra Hall said...

Wonderful news about your Jen! What a blessing. I just saw my nephews pregnant sweet wife last weekend and she looked so adorable with the baby bump. She was glowing from ear to ear and so was my nephew. I am so happy for you and the coming new baby, it's so exciting to think about a tiny little wonderful addition to our families...Debra

French Vanilla said...

The Lord is awesome!!! Jon and I are so happy things are going well. We will keep praying for Jenn and the baby. Hang in there and keep the Faith. Peg

The Texas Woman said...

You guys are gettng there! Hang in there together!

The Texas Woman

lorhen82 said...

Debbie, I'm so glad to hear that baby is doing all right. Keep taking care of Jenn, even if she does kick you out for a while. You need to take care of YOU too!

Hugs,
Lori