Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shopping and Shopkeeping

Saturday, Cat Daddy, our friend Liz and I headed east to Judy Hill's for a day of fun. We went expecting to be dazzled and we weren't disappointed. Judy's sales are always a treat for the eyes and this one was no exception. It was an added bonus with Melanie and Brian from Seedbox Antiques displaying their wares as well. They had some great items and we managed to put quite a few in the back of the pickup. It was fun getting to visit with folks I don't get to see too often like Hayley from La Grange. She has a shop in La Grange called Cottage Gatherings and without spilling the beans, she has several surprises coming up. Everyone was having a wonderful time, shopping and schmoozing. If you've never had the opportunity to go to one of Judy's home sales, make every effort to attend at least one. Judy is a warm and gracious hostess and it truly is something to behold. Judy is an artist and her home is her canvas. You can find her at www.jhilldesigns.com
We came back through Tyler and stopped off at Ethel's Treasure Quest. My camera was acting up and I didn't get any pictures, but Ethel's one of those places I go to a lot! She is a lovely person and someone I consider myself fortunate enough to call a friend. She always has great stuff and a lot of the out of the ordinary. She is on Bois d'arc if you are ever in Tyler. Everyone knows her and can give directions.
When we came thru Canton, I told C.D. Liz and I had to stop in at Laurie Anna's Vintage Home.
I'll sum up her shop in 3 words-Fab U Lous! Believe me when I say I will be back. I had never met her, but you know the photo of her on her Blog? Well, that is her essence. What a beautiful smile. There is no doubt her store is going to be a wonderful success. And she's only beginning! Wow!
I'll end this with a hint of my next blog-my friend Liz is the lady who made all the wonderful shell art I had in my booth at Zapp a couple of shows ago. If you didn't see any of her work, there are some photos on Curious Sofa's blog from 2006's Fall show. Anyway, she and Fran's house is something you have to see to believe and that's all I'm going to say about that. Hint, Hint.

7 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thanks for the great photos of fun, fun stuff! Where is Judy's? Does she have a blog or website?

Anonymous said...

You are so right, Judy is an artist. When I did Red Barn in June her display was awesome. She is unique and just has such an eye for design. I'm truly in awe of her. Melanie also has her own style. Very funky!! How I wish I could go to one of her sales!!! Thanks Deb for the eye candy. Started my day off right. Peg French Vanilla

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

OMG, I so wish now looking at the photos that I wouldn't have missed her show. Everything looked decorated to the finest details, that's Judy, she's so absolutely creative!! Thanks for the awesome tour, T

The Texas Woman said...

Fab U Lous (as you say) pictures today on your blog. I enjoyed. Thanks for dropping by The Texas Woman blog with your good advice. Much appreciated. As a sixth generation Texas, you should have my blog name!

Preemie Donna said...

Please tell me you bougth that pumpkin that my daddy is holding and it is for me.. :) Love it looks good.. Wish I could have gone.

time worn interiors said...

I want to go to one of Judy's shows so bad, Texas is just to far away for me! I want to move there so bad! Maybe one day, my son is moving to Texas on Sept. 1st, now I have a good reason to come visit.
Theothertheresa

Pam @ Frippery said...

So much eye candy!,P.