Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trash Day Thursday

Y'all forgive me. I was so busy today, I almost forgot to take out the trash. My mother always told me not to air my laundry in public, but since I'm among friends here I go.
This is a popcorn coverlet. It needs some repairs, but it makes a beautiful dust ruffle. I've used it a lot and I do mean a lot. $35.00
This is a round flocked-feeling lace tablecloth. That's the only way I know to describe it. Flocked $5.00
This is just a pretty, little double edged lace thingy. I love, love, love the lace on this one. $6.00
I know y'all are going to be fighting over these. They are straight up, 1960's, 24kt gold plated(I kid you not) soap dishes. They are manufactured in the good ol' USA, straight out of Shreveport, La. Aren't they a hoot? $5.00 pairSold
I like the Greek key pattern on this little tea towel. It's patterned and crocheted on both ends. $3.00 Sold
Here we have what I think is a mantle scarf. It's 48" long, straight on one edge and lace on the other. $12.00
It's hard to show the detail on this 20" fingertip towel. It's really beautiful and would look wonderful in a cabinet. $10.00
This is a double whammy. First up, the darling tulle coat hanger complete with tiny flowers at the top. So sweet it makes your teeth hurt. But then the dress! VaVaVoom-HubbaHubba! It's a ca.70's, Bob Mackie silk sheath, size 6. I'm guessing on the age, since I don't know diddly about vintage clothing, but I really dug the colors. Groovy! $25.00
I probably won't do linens again. They are just too darn hard to photograph. Like this large, metallic thread, embroidered tablecloth. A lot of shiny here, but it just doesn't show. I measured one side and it was 43". There is some staining, but for a fall table it would be fab. $20.00
If you saw anything you might be interested in, leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

3 comments:

Nola said...

What's a popcorn coverlet?
Yep, I'd say you're "right on" about that dress; the print screams early 1970's to me.

trash talk said...

That's what I call it. There are little round balls like popcorn. I think I've heard it called hobnail, also. It's all crocheted.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I always love going through your "trash"!! We won't tell anyone that you aired your laundry!