Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Case Of The Missing Yellowbox

I don't usually do 2 posts in one day. Heck, y'all know me. I don't even do one post a day. But I had some errands to do today involving returns and I got the giggles on the way home over one of them and I just had to share. My Cat Daddy is one in a million. He knows I love Yellow Box flip flops more than just about anything. He looks for shops selling them any time he is out. I don't know why he is so tolerant of just this brand of shoes, but hey, I'm not complaining. Anyway, I digress. I've also told y'all about some of the Christmas gifts I've received from him over the years because there was a sale going on . He'll buy anything marked clearance. Remember the maternity blouse? Bless his heart, he's given me some dandies, but this year he really wanted to surprise me with something I love. He had found this shop selling Yellow Box house shoes and bought me a pair complete with gift wrapping. He was so tickled with himself he decided to go back and buy a pair for our daughter and daughter-in-law as well.Christmas Eve rolls around and he is so excited about how happy he is going to make his girls. (BTW, they didn't come in Trashette's size or she would have got a pair as well). So first Jenn and Misty open theirs. Misty holds her pretty pink pair up, Jenn holds hers up, everyone looks at me and says "What did you get, Mom?" I open my box and hold up my ONE shoe! That's all that was in there. Poor old C.D. jumps off the sofa and starts digging in the box and gift sack, thinking I'm kidding. One Shoe! Only C.D. would buy his wife one shoe. He swears that he and the girl helping him checked before she gift wrapped it. Talking about waiting for the other shoe to drop!
Of course, when I went back to the boutique today, there was my other shoe still on display. The owners remembered him and were talking about how cute he was buying shoes. I'm wondering how they got their inventory to balance with that one shoe sitting there all alone. But let me tell you, these are the greatest! So comfy and warm and aren't they just the sweetest? And isn't he?

23 comments:

Mindy said...

He IS the sweetest! Keep him. ~Mindy

The Texas Woman said...

It has been my policy over the years never to call another woman's husband sweet but with your permission I will. I've met Cat Daddy and he is sweet, in the most masculine form of the word!

The Texas Woman

lorhen82 said...

Hilarious...love this story! Cat Daddy did himself proud, missing shoe and all!

Anonymous said...

Great shoes and very sweet of him. I was laughing at this story...it was great!
-FringeGirl

Antiques and More Blog said...

That's the cutest story ever! Yes he is sweet...it's the thought that counts...and you found the other shoe!!
Lisa

JUST ME said...

Thanks so much for your comments and for visiting my blog. I appreciate it immensly.

Sincerely,

Angelica Torrez

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cat Daddy is a keeper. What a sweetheart. And hey, what happened to his quotes on your sidebar?

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Your CD is really good to you, you better hang on to him!! Those shoes are so YOU!!

Anonymous said...

He's always thinking about how to make someone happy. Remember the year he gave me and Marcie M&M candies because that was our initials. Love the guy....you too.

Sue said...

Hi Debbie,
Yep, I'm in love with that chair too, except its like $395! He's had it awhile and is very generous with his discounts, so who knows, maybe some day it will be MINE!!
Take care, Sue

Rosemary said...

oh my gosh, i love the shoes! Are those rhinestones? Megan would LOVE some of those. You must share your source! You got a sweet hubby!He done good. Too funny about one shoe though! LOL! Rosemary

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Too funny! They are cute...and so is he!!

THE VERANDA said...

Too funny! Tell Cat Daddy thanks for the cute story. I needed a good laugh today! And those shoes are really cute....

time worn interiors said...

OMG, that is so funny! I have never heard of yellow box shoes before, but I think they are cute.
Theresa

debi lynn mattingly said...

How precious! Sounds like something Texan hubby would do...forget the other shoe! :)
(tell him I wear a size 8 and love black or brown...but,I won't be picky) :)

xo...deb

Pam @ Frippery said...

Too funny. He was trying so hard. Good for him. Enjoy the cozy toesies, Pam

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi.... just wanted to say thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog, glad you like it, and yes I am thrilled to be on anybodys favorite list!!! TAke care, Chrissy

Red Shed French Antiques and Travel said...

I would wear them every day. At home, to the store, and to church!

Valarie

A Wild Thing said...

I'm still chucklin' about that one...what a guy...little does he know what a great chapter that will be in the book you're writing...and don't forget the screen play!!! Ha!

nut

LADY JANE said...

Hello,Well I came over from Frippery,I was lucky enough to win her 100th post YAhoo!And lucky enough to find your blog from hers! When I read her post and she is talking about your Jewel club..I say That sounds like me,as did her BE real Post,anyway...I get here...read your post,see your picture on sidebar of the busts ( was jealous at first...lol) as I really want,I realize these gals are a flock of feathers that run together looking at life the same way I do! I read you original "JEWEL POST" and am convinced that I NEED to join...so stop over at my blog and let me know that I am not to late! When you have some time,scroll down and read my "Honesty post"...Anyway I'd love to join if you would have me!
Before this becomes a Short Novel I will just comment on your current post...and Cat Daddy ( love it),Cat Daddy sounds like a keeper...I have my fella I call "BOYFRIEND"... now I suppose I am to late to trade you bowling shoes and a fry pan I got from Boyfriend for your flops from Cat Daddy! I would have even considered a single flop for the trade...oh well...hey...let me know...can I be a Jewel? Would love to snag a crown!
Oh god...this does look like a novel...oh well....

sandra/tx said...

Cute story. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

Anita said...

Cute. And thoughtful. That a guy remebers a brand of shoes is amazing to me. Definitely a keeper.

Anita

ajunkqueen said...

Just got home, never thought I would go straight to the computer, but I have become a blogger, guess,I think I still am a viewer. I
had a great time hooking up with you at the auction. we will have to do it again.CD is a true gentleman he would not even let me help him load the heavy stuff..