Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Alpha And Omega

Complications: A Glossary of Terms - Preemie Dictionary You have a new preemie! But there are so many medical conditions that tiny preemies face that it is almost impossible for new parents to absorb all that information, much less know what any of it means. Here is a glossary of medical conditions that premature babies may face to varying degrees. This glossary will help you to understand just what your baby's doctor is talking about. Anemia - Apnea of Prematurity - Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)- Bacterial Meningitis - Blood Poisoning (Sepsis) - Bradycardia - Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) - Chronic Lung Disease (Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia or BPD) - Cyanosis - Congenital Heart Disease - Heart Disease - Hepatitis - Hyaline Membrane Disease (HMD) - Hyperbilirubinemia (Jaundice) - Hypoglycemia - Hypotension - Hypothermia - Idiopathic RDS (IRDS) - Infections - Intraventricular Hemorrhage (IVH) - Jaundice - Low Blood Pressure - Meningitis - Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) - Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) - Periodic Breathing - Periventricular Leukomalacia (PVL) - Pneumonia - Pneumothorax (Air Leak) - Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS) - Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) - Seizures - Sepsis - Septicemia - Tachycardia - Tachypnea - Transient Tachypnea - Viral Meningitis -

This is a list of some of the complications that can arise with a micro preemie. A micro preemie is defined as a baby born weighing less than 1 3/4 pounds and as you all know, Miss Bella Marie weighed in at a whopping 15 ounces. This list is what the doctors were preparing Jenn and Roby for 5 months ago before her birth. They were also given the choice of placing Bella on life support or holding her for one time. The odds of her surviving beyond birth were very low and it might have been the only opportunity for Jenn to hold her baby. She and Roby trusted in God's plan and chose to have her placed on the ventilator and knew God would handle the rest.

~I praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are they works; and that my soul knoweth quite well.~Psalm 139:14

I've listed all the complications that Jenn and Roby faced with their decision to trust God...including not having a baby to bring home...because as of yesterday at 1:00 p.m., Miss Bella Marie(weighing 8 lbs. 11 oz.) is home with two very grateful parents who love her more than life itself. Because we serve an awesome God, she is wonderfully and fearfully made with no, and I strongly repeat, with no health issues! She is perfect as any baby can be.

Turn the oven off...she is done!

Thank you Lord for bringing us to this place today where we can stand on the mountain and proclaim your goodness and mercy. We have been blessed with an outpouring of love that only You can provide. Your miracles are still being seen today and forever! I ask Lord that you bless all those reading this today for their faithfulness. Wonderful is Your name! AMEN

Thank you to all of you who stood in the gap for my family. Even in my lowest moments, you were there. You continually lift me up and your friendship is a blessing I never expected to receive. From a heart that is full, I send you my love!

Debbie

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! God, is certainly good...

frippery said...

A miracle.

David said...

I admit I had to read those last couple paragraphs through wet eyes. Through joyful, happy tears. And tears of gratitude for God's faithfulness. God is good!

The Green Pea said...

Debbie, I can hardly see what I am typing. You and your family's faith in God has been a inspiration to me. Bella is so lovely and someday she will be junking with her Granny, how wonderful is that. I also want to meet you and CD and the family if they are around, when I visit my daughter in TX. Well what a wonderful weekend you all of you. Get some rest and enjoy the little lady. Blessings, Sandi

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

The time has finally come for her to be home and I know there are no words to express this joyous occassion. All I say is she is truely a miracle!!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Hugs all around!!

Amy

Debra@CommonGround said...

Debbie, we all love you and your family. Thankyou for being a blessing to all of us. We prayed and watched as God did miracles. She is one special little girl and God has planned her life according to that.
Debra

Margo said...

PTL for miss Bella, and her loving family. For her health and that she is home.
Margo

sweetpea said...

I must agree with David~~words that resonated to my core. You are easy to be there for my dear. You would do for any of us...

Love to all,
Shelley

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Did you really type all that or did you cut and paste it? Just wondering...
I can feel, hear, and see the excitement in your post girl. I could almost smell a dirty diaper too! yay!!!!
God is good girl and miracles do happen, little Bella is living proof!
Have fun Granny Trash~
everything vintage

summersundays-jw said...

Enjoy this wonderful time. Oh how we fall in love with those g'children. Especially those we've watched struggle to stay with us. God is good. Jan

Mindy said...

Great is our God! And Praise God for Christian kinship. Bella is blessed with love, no doubt. Congrats, Debbie. ~Mindy

Barbara said...

Deb, I can hardly believe Bella is 8lbs. 11ozs., this is wonderful. Thanking the Lord for her. You are right, she is done.

Barbara

Malisa said...

Girlfriend...the Alpha and Omega says it all. I am so elated that Bella is home where she belongs! I would dance a jig...if I knew what a jig was. I would sing a song of praise... if I could carry a tune in a bucket. I would sky write a message of joy in the clouds... if I could fly. Today, I am so happy that my "sister" and her family are complete!

Aunt Malisa

debi lynn mattingly said...

My loving sweet sister, there are no words to express my happiness for Bella and her beautiful family! Our Creator, as known in my tribe, is truly the Heesekatamesee! Which means---"The Master of our Breath"! :)

xo...deb

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

I am just speechless! Such a miracle, such a miracle! I am so very happy for you and your family. You are a true example of "keepin the faith"

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Can't wait to see photos of Bella from home!

Sue said...

Miracles DO happen, couldn't be happier!!

cheryl said...

He is worthy of ALL PRAISE!

Continuing to pray for all! I love you guys and I am so thankful that you've let us be witness to one of God's GREATEST MIRACLES! I believe He has big plans for Bella Marie!!!

In Christ Alone!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

The sheer awesomeness of GOD is just beyond any words that I can come up with!! Your faith has been such a testimony for so many!

I rejoice with you today in this precious PERFECT miracle!!! BELLA!!

Have a GREAT GREAT Day!!

Lou Cinda :)

I agree, you need the PURE sign on a chain! Would be perfect for you...we may need to shrink it just a little...it's way heavy! lol

Gypsy Chix said...

What a BLESSING! I am so happy to hear that Bella is home. What a journey this has been for her. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.
I am just overwhelmed with joy!!!
amy

delighted heart said...

AMEN and AMEN!

Cactus Creek said...

God is so, so good. Bless you all... cheers, xo, fancy

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

I am so happy for you all!! Bella is certainly a precious gift from God.
God bless you all!!!

I have been picking your flower seeds off the stems this morning and will be sending them to you soon...:-)

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Oh my gosh, Debbie! I am so behind on my blog-hopping, and I just now read this! I am soooo happy for you and CD and Jenn and Roby and Little Bella!!!! God has out-done Himself, hasn't He? I am just soooooo excited for y'all. Have fun with that baby! God bless y'all! Tell Jenn we are all rejoicing with her! Love to you all,
Shannon