Monday, December 1, 2008

I Heart Mindy

Saturday, Cat Daddy and I went to the big town of Poetry, Texas for Primitiques 'n Poetry Christmas Open House.This was the view looking through the open doors into the store. Isn't it just breathtaking?
For those of you who don't know Mindy, let me take a moment to introduce you. Mindy is just as beautiful inside as she is outside. I don't think she ever meets a stranger and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. She's a tiny little thing with a heart as big as Texas. That hunka hunka holding onto her for dear life is her SnakeLover. He really ought to be called MindyLover. Girls, if we could get the man in our life to look at us the way he looks at her, we wouldn't be doing makeovers. We'd be remaking the bed, a lot! Oh, did I just say that. Pay attention, husbands.
This is Kathie(I hope I spelled that right, girl) who also displays wares here in this cute country store. I didn't get a photo of Jeannie, but all 3 of these ladies are just so darn pretty and friendly.
Now come on with me and we're going to step inside the store for a quick look around.
But first, Mindy and the girls insisted we have a some holiday fare. I had a little of the strange concoction from the bottle you see at the back of the table. This is Mindy's favorite totable potable and let me tell you it was YUMMY! I hadn't ate and after drinking a glass of this eggnog, I was looking at ol' Cat Daddy differently. C'mere Santa Baby! I had him running scared ladies.
I loved, loved, double-loved this sign. Mindy is crazy for primitives and her love shines throughout the store.
This pretty kitty greeted you as you came in. She kept following me and my eggnog around the store. Needless to say, I didn't share. There's just something about a tipsy cat and candles that just seemed wrong on so many levels. I didn't want her to end up lit for real!
I snapped this picture quick. I had to laugh when one these ladies said she was glad she had her back to the camera. Really? I think I'd rather have my frontside photographed than my backside. At least that way I have a fighting chance of positioning myself with camouflage furniture. You know what I mean? Everyone had a great time because the girls worked hard to make sure of it. I know I did. Thank you Mindy for including us in on some festive fun! And if y'all, dear readers, are ever in the Terrell area, drop in and say hello. Heck, even buy something. There's plenty there to purchase. Tell 'em Debbie sent you.
I'm going to close with a little teaser. Do y'all remember my friends in Terrell with the wonderful home? Well, they've moved and totally redone another home in town. Cat Daddy and I got a sneak preview Saturday evening and when they get finished Ho-Ho-Hoing(girls, please behave!) up the house, I'm going over with my trusty camera and do photos. Wait until you get a load of it!

11 comments:

Mindy said...

Awww! I heart Debbie and CatDaddy! I so much appreciate y'all coming out Saturday. And I really appreciate your sweet words. I'd share my eggnog with you any day, my friend! ~Mindy

The Texas Woman said...

Can't wait for the home tour pictures. Tell those Ho-Ho'ers to hurry up!

The Texas Woman

David said...

Deb, you rock! It was so great getting to meet you and CatDaddy! You're just as sweet and charming in person as I was expecting from reading your blog and from hearing the nice things Mindy has said about you. That was fun!

savvycityfarmer said...

can't wait for more photos.

I was intrigued by your name and meandered over here from gardenantiques. I do trash, too

let's chat

http://savvycityfarmer.blogspot.com
http://stuffintheburbs.blogspot.com

JUNK PALACE said...

Debbie, Is Mindy contributing to your deliquency? and does she have any of that concoctions left? Looks like yall had a great time. Wish I could have been there.
Lillie

sassytrash said...

I am really enjoying your blog! (Love your "Trashette") Thanks for visiting me, and leaving a note on my blog! Nancy

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I heart Mindy, too! And as Mindy wrote, "I hear Debbie and CatDaddy!" as well. I hope y'all enjoyed Thanksgiving. Thanks to your comment, I checked out the price on those lawn chairs on ebay! Whew! Maybe I can make a bit of profit, eh? Thanks for the heads-up!

Amy

XO Marie said...

Fun pics..can't wait for the next ones!
Marie

red.neck chic said...

DANG!!! Am I ALWAYS in the wrong place at the WRONG time?!!? I can't believe I TOTALLY missed meeting you and Cat Daddy as well as Mindy and David!!! And the eggnog...can't forget that I missed the EGGNOG!!! Geesh... The candelabra in the pictures needs to be in my house. (oh, and the cat.) LOLOL

Sounds like you guys had fun!!! I can't wait for the house tour!!!

;-) Happy Monday!!!
robelyn

Anne Lorys said...

I can confirm that Mindy IS tiny and cute! And that David DOES look at her like she hangs the moon!
One of these days, I'm gonna make it up y'all's way to see what purty really does look like!
Anne

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Sounds like another fun time in Texas land ... one of these days... hmmm, that's starting to sound like a threat, huh?!

You always crack me up ... love it!

xo
Jill