Monday, December 8, 2008

No Fair Peeking!

I didn't want y'all to think I was just sitting around with S.C. and the boys eating fruitcake and drinking rum balls, so I thought I would show just a few quick photos of what I am up to, besides glitter up the nose. Talk about a snootful, I got it.Now keep in mind nothing is finished and these are just the first layers. This is the only holiday where I totally lose my mind. The only way I stop is to give myself a deadline like a party.
I love parties and usually Cat Daddy and I have an open house and collect coats, blankets and toys from those who attend. It's always a rockin' good time, but because of the short season this year, I decided to just have a cocktail party on the 20th. Being the fool(and ham) that I am, I'm also in the Christmas Pageant at church this year and I just can't fit everything in and do it properly. I'll post all the photos once I get everything done, probably next week some time.
In the meantime, you can kind of get the idea nothing "flows" here at La Casita de Trash! And as an early Christmas present to all of you, I'd like to show just a few photos of French Vanilla's booth at Ralph Willard's show in Dallas this past weekend. You may thank me later with lots of presents. There will be more photos later in the week.
Peg and Jon did a beautiful display of all things white and soothing. You may begin oohing and aahing now.
"Angels we have heard on high, sweetly singing o'er the land."
Peace and Good Will!

14 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Wow, I love Peg's booth--so pretty as always. I also love what you've done; can't wait to see more!!

French Vanilla said...

Thank you dear friend for the photos!! We had such a lovely visit with you and Cat Daddy. I hope everyone out in "blogistan" knows not only do you write well, decorate well that you are one the sweetest, gentlest ladies I know!! xoxopeg

The Texas Woman said...

Pretty in pink, as they say! Lov-a-ly!

Hope you enter my 100th post drawing Wednesday. You're so lucky, you'll probably win!

The Texas Woman

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Be sure to save some cocktails for your guests! Love the "Please Be Seated" sign!!!

Amy

debi lynn mattingly said...

Love the look! Can't wait to see the finished product....I still need another cattle prod, I have slowed down! :) xo...deb

David said...

OK, dear, I don't want to be too picky, but it's...

Angels we have on heard high
Sweetly singing o'er the PLAINS
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains


It's not that I don't like your version; it's just that "land" doesn't rhyme with "strains" and that really messes with us OCD types.

The place is looking great! Really into the Christmas spirit!

Lauri Evans said...

BFFL...what a merry scene. sorry I can't make the party on the 20th (ahem)...what role do you play in the Christmas pageant? pls have CD take a photo or two.
Peg&Jon did again! post more!
xo lulu

delighted heart said...

I love the pink tree! Your house looks beautiful! I'm trying to get all mine finished. Thanks for the sweet comments and congratulations! My BD is on the 14th!

Lauri Evans said...

Don't you just hate it when some smart guy corrects you???? Anyway did I mention I love pink.....I think you are my long lost sister who was relocated in a storm to Texas and I got left behind. What times the party, I need to call Delta. And some how I can't see you in the Christmas Pagent. But, WTF.....Your little honey baked Ham, what is s rum ball????I don't think we have that in GA.

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Oh my, great pics girl! Thanks for the visit....beautiful booth! Love the color scheme!

XO Marie said...

WOOOOW! Lookin" good sista'
Marie

Lauri Evans said...

WAIT JUST A ROOTin' TOOTIn" minute...IS THAT more CD LINT I SEE On that Santa ON THE MANTLe???????????
don't MAKE me crash your party, TRASH!
ox lulu

A Wild Thing said...

Oooo and ahhhh...I wish white sold as well up here as it does down there...maybe it's because it's dark and cold up here, even with the new white blanket of snow...we have dark thoughts...(like no business)but the black furniture is still selling, it keeps us toasty warm as do the rum balls and eggnogg and hot toddies and mulled wine and...and will you be serving Honey Baked Georgia Hams with those lint/rum balls...

Rosemary said...

OH MY GOSH! YOU have a PINK TREE!!!!!! I love it! I have a couple of little pink feather trees but not a full size pink one! I do however have a RED ONE :)