Monday, December 1, 2008

It's A Dirty Job But------

Ok, y'all. It has to happen. This is the extent of my Christmas decorating to date. Cat Daddy still has to bring in more boxes, I've got to climb into the top of closets and under beds to get the rest of it out. And I can't forget about Santa's North Pole in our work building complete with my village on his work table. Even more boxes. The way I see it, I have two choices. I can either climb into bed and pull the covers over my head until New Year's Day or----I can tighten up my bra straps and go to work!Either way, if I'm going to get that(see above) onto this(see below), I have to be M.I.B. So I've decided to bite the bullet, shut down the computer, put on my official 20 year old Christmas sweatshirt, and get after it. I don't know how long it will take me or how long I may be gone or if I shall ever return. These things take precision, skill, patience. All the things I am s-o-o-o not good at. Please do not try to follow or find me. It's too dangerous and I don't want innocent bystanders to be hurt during the process. I've been known to even turn on my loved ones during the transformation process of Dr. York and Mrs. Hyde.
I also don't want to destroy any images of me as a lady. There will be temper tantrums, followed by some not so nice words, followed by things flying through the air. It isn't a pretty sight. Hopefully once the dust settles, there will be a lot of pretty sights and I will be clean once again-at least until all the smoke and mirrors have to come down. Before I go I'd like to point out, in case anyone was wondering, that's Cat Daddy and my Jakie dog in the banner photo, ca. 2004. That said, remember I have always loved y'all and I am doing this just for you alone, she said with the hot glue gun pointed at her head.
So without further ado, "Debbie has left the building!"

17 comments:

Malisa said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It can't happen like this! You can't break up over the internet! Its just not right! I was just getting to know you! Is it something I said? What can I do to change your mind? At least you have your boxes out...ready to unload. My boxes are still upstairs and my husband and I are both too crippled up to get up there! Hurry back!

Malisa said...

I know I am not suppose to be bothering you or anything....but I just read that you are going to Judy Hill's on Thursday! I will be there too...with Karen and camera in hand! We got to get together and take us some papparazzi shots! So start working on making surprised looks on your face! Now push the papparazzi away! Strut your stuff, girl! We will get some good shots!

Malisa

Anonymous said...

Love the new signature.... you will be missed while you are off on your decorating spree. Looking forward to lots of pics when you come back. Sue

David said...

I hope there will be "after" pictures. That is... if you return from the abyss. Good luck!

The Texas Woman said...

I've heard of people that's pulled themselves up by their boot straps but not by their brastraps!

The Texas Woman

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

Oh your going fancy on us....love the new signature....
Cheryl

Lauri Evans said...

That looks like a DOLLY PARTON Christmas! I can't wait! Your description of what probably will happen just sounds like me and Lauri during our monthly show set up...file claws, sharpen fangs...DECORATE my lovely BFFL
ox lulu

Pam @ Frippery said...

I haven't yet begun the process this year. I'm running late. I can't wait to see what you whip up but you will be sorely missed. Loved the blog about you at Artfully Inspired. I also envy you getting to hang out with Mindy. I love her blog and she is a beauty inside and out, just like you. Come back unscathed, hugs, Pam

Mindy said...

I know you are lurking. I am snapping the whip. Get back after it, woman! I wanna see pictures of the finished product when I pick you up Thursday! ~Mindy

time worn interiors said...

Love the pink Christmas tree, can't wait to see the rest!
Theothertheresa

debi lynn mattingly said...

I see my "cattle prod" worked...unfortunately, your lazer tag only got me to finish the living room & dining room. And now you are going to leave me here!!!! Well, I guess I'll see ya when our dust has settled. May the best gal finish first!...xo...deb

A Wild Thing said...

'Debbie has left the building'...too funny...I seriously cannot look at all those tubs...too depressing.If I had to decorate for Xmas, I'd have to tighten up more than the bra straps...eggnog plus please...heehaw!!!

Lauri Evans said...

Is that tree reallllllllly pink???? I'm on my way to your house. I think you are my long lost sole mate......

Lauri Evans said...

forgot to put my name, its me your little honey baked ham, Lauri @ chippys

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Debbie; Have you been peeking at me while I have been decorating... lol sounds like me at my house when I would get out all my boxes. Well this year I have not went off the deep end yet... notice I said yet;;;; you dive in girl we will be here to pull back if you did it...

Hugs;
Alaura

A girl said...

OMG what a beautiful curtains n mirror!!

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

I love this post! I'm still laughing!!!

Shannon