Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wine, Women And Song

We are officially home!!! I'm tired beyond belief, but I thought I would do a quick post on the blog party to get you all warmed up. Theresa was a doll to host this event once again and she had a really good turn out. It's really growing and this year she also had a book signing for Sue Whitney, which was a big success as well. I'd love to tell y'all that we were all perfect ladies, but I don't see any point in blowing smoke up y'alls dresses 'cause we weren't. We were loud, silly, and laughed our butts(can I say that?) off!!! It might have been windy in Warrenton, Texas on Sunday but it didn't stop us from having a good time and adding our own share of wind by shooting the breeze---A LOT!!! Ms. T had plenty for us to nosh on and the wine flowed! A lot of us were still setting up or selling so some visits were short. Maggie came over from her set up at the Texas Rose show. I kept having to leave and go help Cat Daddy sell. I'm not complaining, mind you though! I missed a lot of bloggers and I didn't get all the photos I wanted to, but I was there to sell and that's what we did! More on that later. But you just can't go to Warrenton and especially Zapp Hall and not squeeze in some fun as well. I mean really, what's the point?
Check out these boots Maggie was wearing!!! Aren't they a hoot? They are rubber boots....what a kick, literally! You can't tell from my poor photography skills, but there are skulls on them. Fab U Lous!
This shot reminds me of that old song "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me". Cher really lives up to her name of Texas Woman. Would somebody tell Cat Daddy to take the lens cap off...just kidding!
Susan, Mindy, TOT and Cher just standing around looking pretty. TOT looks like she's lost in thought. Probably wondering red or white? Nah...she's not much on red!
Mercy, look who just walked in the door! It's the one and only YaYa come to show us how to do it the Cajun way!
Remember Cher, once on the lips...forever on the hips! Girl, go ahead and indulge...you don't have a thing to worry about.
How's this for a bevy of beauties? Elizabeth was a surprise guest courtesy of the YaYa. Thank you Debi. Elizabeth, you are a delight and it was a treat to get to meet you. Of course y'all know the rest...TOT, Shelly (Sweet Pea), Susan (Found Around) and Mindy. Do y'all have any idea how hard it is for me to be the center of attention with such loveliness to compete with? Had to keep my eye on C.D. at all times!
Heidi is another beautiful lady who came by. Doesn't T's spot look fantastic? She and her junking buddy, Marion, did a beautiful job getting the tables, seating and food set up just for us.
OK, behind that camera is my new BFF...Amy of Whisperwood Cottage! She is so talented and just a joy to be around. She's also cute, cute, triple cute! Don't worry Laurie and Lulu. I wasn't cheating on y'all. Y'all are still my favorite honey baked hams from Jawjah! Speaking of Laurie...oh my! Just wait until she tells y'all all about her flight drama. All I'll say is she was very, very late in getting to the field and was wound up tighter than my girdle after a visit to the porta potties!
Moi with Mindy's best friend Stacy. Everyone kept saying we looked alike and I just wanted to make sure y'all got to see the resemblance. As long as they thought I was her sister and not her mother (not that that would be a bad thing, she's darling) it was cool, but I have this vanity thing going on. BTW, check out my bracelet and remind me to show y'all what Ms. T gave me!
And last, but certainly not least, two of the stars of the party! Elizabeth is just beautiful and well, there just aren't enough adjectives to describe her. I think in my next life, I will marry her! Speaking of married, a cat that needs no introduction....the one and only king of the road himself-Cat Daddy!!!! Can you stand it??? I tell you, I think I'm going to have to buy that man another hat...his head is so big from all the women begging for photos and for him to dance. It's a good thing I got to go this time or I just might not have got him back! If you get the chance to come in the fall and as if the shopping or the blog party isn't enough incentive, remember Cat Daddy will be there to ogle!
A big ol' Texas thank you to Theresa for a great way to kick off the show! T.
B.
C.

19 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Deb, WHEN WERE YOU BORN (real slow). Hope you all are still laughing about that. It was so much fun seeing you and my favorite Cat Daddy, I can't wait to do it again. And blow that little bella a kiss for me. Lauri@chippys

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a blast. So glad you enjoyed yourselves!!!

-FringeGirl

The Texas Woman said...

It was absolutely fun meeting all the bloggers but we did miss you all here in blogland. It was quiet on the homefront with y'all in Warrenton!

The Texas Woman

donna baker said...

Oh Deb, it is so good to have you back! You have been sorely missed. In fact, I have been seeing pictures of you and others at Warrenton in other blogs. Looks like all had a very good time. How is Bella? I have been wondering how things are going with her. I so hope I can come visit in the fall.

misselaineous said...

welcone home Deb & CD!! Ya'll HAVE been missed! I've been enjoying all the other pics from Warrenton, and could not wait to see yours...you didn't dissapoint, girl. Take a deep breath, a long bath and get bloggin. We need updates on Bella, pronto!Glad you had an awesome time1 Later...*elaine*

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

I'm SO glad you're back!!!! I agree with all those above...it WAS quiet here in blogland without you!
Glad to hear ya'll had a boot scootin' time, wish I could have gone. Keeping my fingers crossed for the Fall.
Also glad you mentioned YaYa from Cajun land...I'm going check out my neighbor right now!!!
Until then, rest up 'cause you gotta lot of stories to tell us about your week! Dyin' to hear all about it!
tippin' my hat to ya~
everything vintage

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Well, Deb, we sure missed you out here in blogland. Welcome back! Looks like you and C.D. had a fabulous time at the Big Show - Theresa's party looks like a really good time. Will be waiting for more stories and photos...And btw, how is little Bella girl doing?

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey darlin!

glad to see ya'll made it back safe & sound! Make sure you go by the blog and see the pics I did of your beautiful shop! Give a Cajun hug to my beau...Cat Daddy! Tell him he did a GREAT job entertaining all of us ladies! :)

xo...deb

Dixie said...

Deb... sounds like you had a wonderful time and a Texas hoe-down all week long! Made some new friends... and some money too I hope!

How's our baby doing? Keeping little Bella in my prayers...

blessings. Dixie

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

Deb,
WoW...Of course,looks like you did it up TEXAS STYLE,BIG & UNFORGETABLE! I enjoyed your pics of your trip and hope and pray that I can go "one of these days"! What fun you would be to hang out with!!! How is Baby Bella? I hope her and mommy are doing well! Glad you are back!

Jena

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I just can't tell you how much fun I had visiting with you and CD and all the one's that showed up at the Blog party. I had the best 10 days I've had in a long time. Thanks for all the laughs, esp. the WHEN WERE YOU BORN (make sure you say that in Mexican!!) and the tattoo joke! I'm sure you'll do a post on this one.

Mindy said...

A blast, indeed! I had more fun than the law should allow at the blog party! Can't wait to play with you at the next show...~Mindy

Pam @ Frippery said...

Missed you but I sure am glad you had a great time! I really really really...did I say really?...want to go in the fall! Thanks for sharing all the fun. I want to see photos of your space. Also all the other fab spaces. (if it isn't too much trouble, I know you just got back and sweet Bella is waiting to see you) I will be here waiting patiently, P.

A Wild Thing said...

What a blast, you are too much girl...thanks for all the good laughs when a girl can't be there, you save the day...someday...I'll be Texas bound!

sharon

Anonymous said...

I can't be there but thru your post I certainly was. What fun Deb!! Loved all the pictures. Sound like you all had a blast. Happy Monday. ~ Lynn

Anonymous said...

Had to come back and tell you that this past weekend I had ordered a pair of Yellow box flips. Black polka dot. ...can't wait to get them. I can't decide if they should go on the flip flop side of the closet or the black shoe side of the closet. LOL

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

We missed you terribly, but we knew that ya'll were having a BLAST! And we were right! So glad you had a safe and successful show! I have read and laughed about Laurie's adventures!

Lou Cinda :)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Debbie,
Thank you for taking me along as an arm chair traveler. I can tell you're all having a blast together. Love this post and getting to see what was happening with all you gals and of course, Cat Daddy. Welcome home!
xo~Tracie

M Square said...

we had a blast! It was good to visit with you and Cat Daddy! David had fun. Sorry we didn't say good bye Thursday night but we had to get out of there!!! Too much for us! We where back at our hotel by 9. LOL We are old & no fun!