Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Now...Where Was I?

I can't even begin to tell y'all how overwhelmed I was starting to feel. Thank goodness the cavalry showed up to save me! Jenn and Bella came over Monday afternoon to stay for a few days and help get me organized!

Jenn's been to Warrenton a number of times with me when Cat Daddy couldn't take off from the "money" job. She knows all the ropes when it comes to loading the trailer (in fact, she and my oldest melon head always threaten not to answer their phones when it is loading time in Texas)...pricing, packing...everything that goes into trying to have a successful show...she can do it all!

She's been in and around this business as long as we have. When I had a shop in Lindale, she was there working right beside me. As a matter of fact, we bought out a S&P dealer when Jenn was ten and set her up with her own little business. She worked the shows and bought her own stock. She's as knowledgeable (or maybe even more so) than a lot of old timers, including me! I lean on her hard when I start getting ready for Zapp and depend on her to bring sanity and clarity to my easily distracted mind...and y'all know what a challenge that can be!
~It seems only fitting to start Bella out junking as well! There's no such thing as being to young to start 'em at the Casita de Trash! Graycie has crawled up into the trailer on more than one occasion to help her Pop load...while wearing pink cowboy boots, of course!~

Jenn came in and immediately took control and started sorting things out for me. I only have one box left to pack, thanks to her! Thank you Jenn and I love you forever and ever!

Joey, AKA The Oldest Melonhead, will be coming over tomorrow evening to help his dad finish loading the trailer with the really heavy stuff. Cat Daddy tends to forget that not only am I a weak chubbette (law, I hate to admit that), but I'm also only 5'1"! Loading with him can be quite a strain...especially when he wants me to lift from the bottom...my arms don't reach that far...AND somehow he always manages to have me be the one walking backwards!

Misty, my DIL, has volunteered to come over next week and help with the packing of Moi! Y'all have no idea how detailed this is. Being in Texas means packing the whole closet. It can be hot one minute, cold the next and pouring down rain before a cat can lick it's tail. There are work clothes for unloading and setting up, cute clothes for greeting the public and last but not least...party clothes! There's a bag for shoes...a bag for bling...a bag for makeup...you get the picture! Cat Daddy packs one suitcase, a ditty bag and BOOM...he's done!

Thank goodness for my children! I knew I had 'em for a good reason! I just call it payback for their teen years!!!
~Bella was none too happy when we stopped the car. That little girl must have been born with wheels on her diaper!~ ~And just like that...everything was fine...as soon as mom showed up with a bottle! I think I need to go find a bottle.~

Jenn truly has been blessed. Bella is such a sweet baby and so good natured. She's already sleeping through the night...as long as there's some noise! She's constantly chattering...even when she's asleep. I think it's because of all the lines that were down her tiny throat. She's making up for lost time. She doesn't have a "big" girl cry, but she does have some "big" girl tears! When she smiles, I get all goofy! That big, ol' gummy smile, complete with dimples, just melts me! I look at her and I can't believe this is the same baby from March. Do y'all realize she had just been delivered when we left to go to Warrenton last spring? God continues to hold her in His mighty hands and she is thriving. To Him that continues to hold us all, I say Thank You, Lord!

~I waited a long time for this photo and so did my Graycie. These are my trashettes and I offer no apologies for the noses!~

This will probably be my last post (unless something wonderful happens) until we get back from the Really Big Show! I'm going to miss y'all while we're gone and since I don't have a laptop, I won't be able to check in either. Y'all best be behaving yourselves while I'm away...you know I will be! Try not to talk about me behind my back! Oh, go ahead...be my guest...just make it really juicy. Feel free to spread the rumor I've run away with Harry or Johnny...make it a doozie! I'll miss y'all, but just think of the photos I'll be bringing back with me! I hope I get to see some of y'all while we're at the show and at the blog party. In the meantime, TTFN!
~ Whether it's a great show or a bad show...this is what's important!~

30 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a sweet pic of the three of your babies! You are really blessed to have loaders, packers, and lifters. Say that fast 5 times!

Debra@CommonGround said...

The girls are just so sweet. Where would we be without our kids...God love 'em! I hear ya on the 5' something. I'm shorter than you, and yes walking backwards up stairs while carrying a hoosier cabinet top can make for a really fun evening! I'm glad you have so much help. OK, we're gonna miss you terribly so take some fabulous photos and then tell us what we missed. Have a big bunch of fun and sell it all!!!
Debra

Malisa said...

That sweet pic of your three girls just makes me want to cry! What beauties! I will definitely see you in Warrenton. I will be shopping and blog partying! I will miss your blogging while you are gone though! Be on the lookout for me!

Malisa

Anonymous said...

I Love all the pictures of that healthy baby Bella - how Great is our God! You would never know her beginnings by looking at her. What a sweet girl that Jenn is to help you out, will you send her my way next show? Truly I don't think I'm Big Girl enough to set up at Warrenton. You all do amazing spaces! Have a great time , sell lots and lots and don't forget to buy yourself something pretty! Miss you ! xoxo, Sue

Unknown said...

Debbie, you and your sweetheart have a wonderful time! Although it's work for you, I imagine that this one is kind of a vacation/party as well! and from the sounds of things earlier this year, you deserve to have fun. I just wish that you all were closer. I feel like I'm missing out on something special!
Make sure your camera battery is fully charged 'cause we expect pictures...lots of 'em!
Enjoy! Tami E.

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey girlfriend!

Bella is a doll!!! (but she can't go wrong with such a beautiful grammy and mommy...and of course I better through the men into the picture). LOL

Texan Hubby and I will see you starting on the 23rd! xo...deb

Sammy Girl said...

Hey grrrl ... lookin' forward to seeing the pics and hearing stories ...
Hugs!
Betty :)

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

What a very special picture of your girls. Isn't it wonderful how our daughters are now taking their place and helping us when we need it. What a blessing they are. Glad you have some muscles coming to help also. Have a SAFE and wonderful trip, Sell lotsa great junk sister!
My Best
Gale

Six in One Hand said...

What precious pics.
Bella looks so good!
I'm glad you're getting all packed and getting to hang out with "the girls" at the same time!

see ya in Warrenton!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

That wonderful Jenn, I hope I have such a loving and helpful daughter one day. And Deb, you mean no more posts till Warrenton? You're leaving already? Surely you can squeeze a few more posts in - I won't see you for a whole week still :)

Pam @ Frippery said...

Love the photo of your girls and the two little Trashettes together. Adorable. Best of luck for the show, wishing perfect weather, friends and fun and a complete sell out!!! I will be missing you. Hugs, Pam

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

Seeing those sweet faces just made my day. I was unloading junk(uh...antiques)for a decorating job last night in the pouring rain and I was thinking about you guys and all the elements you have to endure. Here's hoping for smooth travel, sunny days and big sales! Love ya, Patricia

The Green Pea said...

Debbie, loved your post! Always enjoy a laugh in the morning. God has blessed you with a wonderful family and I am happy you are enjoying them too. Jenny is so sweet to be helping you. Have a great show and we will miss your blog. Be safe, sandi

Sue said...

What a nice post to wake up to, thank you! You have no idea how much I want to climb into Tim and Lisa's van and come see you and all the fun going on. My kids too grew up in this business and now are pretty much running the show so I don't have to work so hard! I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the pictures, thank you! Here's too a great show!! Take care.

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

I can't wait to see all that stuff you packed up. I will be at Round Top. It will be my first trip. Hope to see you!

Teresa

Lee said...

I just love looking at miracles...through tears...with a smile.

I will be thinking about all yaw...hope ya sell out!

I would have loved to come to Warrenton, but times have been tough around here... shopping right now is just a no no. Just a few withdrawal pains. I will live.

Lee

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Good luck w/ your show...wish i was going!

Bella is beautiful...you are blessed!

THE VERANDA said...

Can you send the cavalry over here?? I need them bad!! Can't wait to see you and all your great junk at Warrenton. Won't be there until next week -- doing the Antique Elegance Show in Richardson this weekend. I better get back to work... See you at the blog party!!

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

WOW...what a beautiful crew you have and of course that lil Bella, I just want to kiss her lil cheeks!! Well, I really wish you guys the best of luck and know ya'll will have a great show! I promise after I birth this child and feel like walking, I will plan a trip to the show because I have only heard how wonderful it is!! Have a great time and I know you will enjoy yourself!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Deb, thanks for praying for our family. I appreciate you!

sweetpea said...

You are so blessed, but you know that right? Now see the last thing I would need here at packing time would be a boobalah cause I'd just want to hold her and not pack... And the thing where we are always the ones going backward...how does that work out that way? I always get the dirty end too... Mr. Sweet Pea is no dummy. Can't wait to see you at the show!! Safe travels...

Hugs,

Shelley

Janet said...

You're such a softie hiding behind all that trash talk! Very sweet, very, very sweet! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the work getting ready for Warrenton!!! Glad you have such expert help. Although I'm not 5'1" I do wonder why I'm always the one going backwards...hmmm! Hope you get it all done and are not too sore. And am soo glad to see you starting Bella out right! All the pics are great, but that last one is a treasure.
marcie

time worn interiors said...

Girl you are so lucky! My kids wouldn't help me if my legs were broke, I had one arm in a sling and my eyes were poked out! Of course they all have their own jobs! Yea right! They have no problem asking me to help them though! I'm hoping they will come through for me when I'm old and my butt needs cleaning! Ha!@! Ha!@! See you soon! TOT

misselaineous said...

Hey Girl! Congratulations!! You won the FISH in my blog giveback. I didn't hear from you, and had to put you somewhere :o} so I put you in FISH. Miss Priss is a fish, but did you check out that white trash red lipstick?? :o} No ocean in Texas, but I'm sure you'll make her welcome. Have a great week *elaine*

misselaineous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misselaineous said...

I swear my brain has left the building. I left the last comment cause I forgot to ask for your mailing info...then realized I forgot to add MY email address...AArggHHH!!!! So, once again...let's see if I can get this right...need your mailing info. email me at els54@earthlink.net There...I did it. Good night! :o}

Dixie said...

So glad you were able to "call in the troops" for help! (love the music by the way...LOL)...

I keep thinking I'm going to get to Warrenton, but something (work) always seems to get in the way... I need to be there!

have fun and sell a bunch of good junk!
hugs. Dixie

ps... so happy to see baby Bella is doing so well... she's a junkin babe for sure!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

The photos are so precious! How wonderful to have such wonderful, wonderful family!!

I cannot wait to hear all about the show when you get back! I know it will be WONDERFUL!!!

Lou Cinda ;)

Tamis Marks said...

Woowwweee, what a cute bunch ya got there!~ Who would have ever believed that is the same itty bitty baby from so long ago.

Good luck at the show, stay out of trouble, don't take any wooden nickles.

I am looking forward to my kids coming to my rescue someday, after all that is why we have them, ay?