Thursday, September 10, 2009

Queen Sized For A Day!

We all know who the king is, right?Well guess who is now officially the Queen? That's right, y'all...yours truly...MOI! My sweet (and in the know friend) Amy at Junkologie has crowned me! This girl holds a college degree or two, so she must know what she's talking about and who am I to argue with her. After all, SHE is the queen of all junkers and I bow to her expertise and excellent taste!

I only have one royal duty to perform as the queen and that's select six more to wear the crown proudly with me! Now before anyone gets to thinking I'm going to throw it out like a wedding bouquet, I've given this some very serious consideration. It seems only fair to pass it on to some ladies who are working very hard getting ready for the greatest show on earth...Warrenton/Round Top! Since so many friends of mine are doing these shows, I've narrowed it down to those who share space and time with me at Winnie & Tulula's.

In no order of importance...not even alphabetical...here are my six choices to get to have a little crown with their coke:
  1. Sweet Texas T at Garden Antiques...y'all know where to find her and the blog party!
  2. Mindy at Primitiques....she'll be taking the plunge for the first time across from STT and she'll have her own king, David, with her!
  3. Lilly at Junk Palace....she'll be selling out for the first time at Texas Rose!
  4. Maggie at The Veranda....she'll be returning to the Texas Rose with a bang!
  5. Donna at Curious Goods....she's going to be a first timer at Marburger Farms!

Wait a minute...that's not right. I only count five! Oh yeah...last, but not least, Margo at Ruff/Robolady isn't going to be at our shows, BUT she will be leaving in seven days for a special event herself. She will be traveling to The Junk Bonanza September 17th! She's working just as hard as possible, getting ready to be a celebrity there and represent Texas junkers!

So there is my six...count 'em six...pack of queens! Check 'em out if you haven't visited their blogs before and be sure and check us all out if you get to come to the show! We'd love to meet y'all. Don't forget STT's blog party on Sunday the 27th at 6:00p.m. at her tent in front of Zapp Hall. We'll all be there wearing our crowns!

This just feels so right...Thanks Amy!

13 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Well, you certainly ALL deserve it. Wear it proudly Your Highness, Miss Deb! Long Live the Queen and King!!!!
Debra

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie , I am SO pouting that I won't be there in the company of Queenliness. Excuse me while I go sell something for my " Going to Texas " fund! Have a great time , Sue

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are too cute, but then again you always are! And of course you always have Mr. Cutie Patutie himself with you. All hail King and Queen Trash ~ I'll bow to you when I see ya, kinda like CD bows to me, love it!! I do love that pic of him and his dance, if you haven't had the priviledge of seeing his special dance, well you've missed it... Thanks my friend, T

Sue said...

King & Queen Trash DO rock! Congrats to you both. Guess I'm going to have to depend on Tim to send me some great pictures from the show. Did I ever mention how bummed I am that I can't go?

Anonymous said...

You look LOVELY in your crown! The music change is cracking me up. Congrats on finally being crowned queen, although I suspect you've always been Cat Daddy's queen.

-FringeGirl

Mindy said...

No you didn't! I love a good tiara! Thank you, Debbie! You rock, sister friend. And a large congrats to you! ~Mindy ps. David is the king. For dadgummed sure!!!!

Margo said...

Thank you so much Debbie. I can only hope that my reign as Queen will be as well served as yours.
I will consider my queenly duties wisely and will bestow the honors as soon as I get a spare queenly moment.

Margo

WhisperWood Cottage said...

You picked some good'uns, Deb! They definitely deserve crowns for all the hard work I know they are putting in!!

Amy

~La Rustique Market~ said...

Congrats to you and all the other queens! What a treat to be surrounded by such royalty...can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks.

Lisa

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

That crown and queendom suit you, Debbie. Anyways, every king needs a queen!

Pam @ Frippery said...

I love the music. So glad the Royal Family of Trash has been recognized and are willing to bestow crowns on the rest of the junking peeps. If I ever come to visit I want to stay at the Sundown Motel, LOL.

Janet said...

And it looks so right! No one deserves it more! I bow to you oh Queen of Trash Talk!

Cindy said...

I am bowing...not wait, curtseying to the Queen! :D And you have bestowed the crown to some of my favorites! Well done your Royal Highness! :D

-c
yapping cat