Friday, December 31, 2010
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
- Dasher...this kid will definitely be a running back or working as the head ice cream maker at the Blue Bell factory.
- Dancer...Radio City Music Hall Rockette for sure or winner of the 2026 Dancing With The Stars prized mirror ball trophy.
- Prancer...Broadway bound or teaching Jazzercise classes down at the local Y.
- Vixen...she'll be stealing scenes on General Hospital or appearing as Blanche DuBois in Casa Manana's 2030 revival of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Comet...an Olympic track star or doing voice-over commercials for achieving cleaner toilets.
- Cupid...easy...he or she will be writing an advice-to-the-lovelorn column for the NY Times or CEO of Match.com.
- Donner...this poor kid is on his own...I got nothin' 'cept maybe a member of an Osmond Brothers tribute band!
- Blitzen...this guy is destined to be the #1 pick in the 2032 NFL draft or a bartender at Pete's Tavern.
- Last, but certainly not least, Rudolph...doncha know he'll either be a famous haute couture designer or a valet who's main job is to dress a rotund, jolly, old fellow in red velvet and fur.
(Psst...in case you were wondering...Bella wasn't named after a Twilight character. Her name came to me in a dream and in Hebrew it means "Devoted to God". I think we can all agree...she is aptly named.)
Seven secret Santas
This chick a-crafting
Two naughty lists
And a snow-clad lady at W&T's
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
It's a short list, but just to be on the safe side, I've taken the liberty of sewing copies to the inside of his underwear. He is getting old and forgetful ya know and one little slip up and it's curtains I tell ya!
- Bathroom scales tops the list....need I say more? Yeah nothing says lovin' like "Girl, I think you've put on a few."! Nothing says buh-bye as well either! Throw in a stationary bike and a gym membership...and I think I'll sit on him to see if he can guess my weight!
- Hickory Farms gift set...Oh mylanta. He just got through telling me what a chubbette I've become, why on green earth would he think some fancy hangdown is better? I don't care if it does come with cheese and crackers! That's what you give your Uncle Wilbur for gosh sakes...not your ever-lovin...at least not if you want any future ever-lovin'!
- A jelly making kit...for real? The last time I tried to make jam, it never jelled, but after a year it had a kick to rival the best Mogan David's! Besides...I prefer gifts that don't require hot wax...or work!
- A hot wax hair removal kit...see disclaimer above! If men don't have to remove unsightly hair...why do we? Oh that's right...we prefer two eyebrows. I'll say this once and only once...the only time I want hot wax in my presence is when I'm in the throes of creating...not in the throes of pain!
- Ginsu knife set....really? Think about it big boy...now you're arming me. Besides I've heard it's bad luck to give knives as a gift...something about it severing a relationship. Hmmm...whatcha trying to tell me here?
- Absolutely no underwear that plays Jingle Bells! Sorry fellow, but not just no, but heck no! Nope, zilch, nada, no way-no how...don't even go there 'cause it ain't gonna happen...not even for five minutes! Besides...we both know those aren't really for me. You might as well write on the gift tag "To Cat Daddy, From Cat Daddy"...oh and be sure to get them in your size! You know how much you hate chafing!
- Finally...no clothing from the clearance rack, size 8 or smaller. I'm sure you think you're saying you still see me as I was when we first married (or so you say), but we both know all it says is you've shopped at one to many flea markets and think everything should be a steal. Guess what...it ain't! So my darling Texan Picker...unless you want to be picking your teeth up off the floor...don't suggest I at least try them on first...'cause them's fighting words and I got a hot, freshly waxed Ginsu and I know how to use it!
Here's a few answers to some of y'alls questions.
General Waverly was the old gentleman who owned the lodge in White Christmas.
Liz of Liz/Fran fame made the Fab U Lous tree, not me. Love to take credit...but y'all know better!
The wonderful box was a gift from one of my dearest friends, Carolyn Westbrook. She knows how much I love that particular type of folk art and I treasure it.
This chick a-crafting
Two naughty lists
And a snow clad lady at W&T's!