Friday, August 13, 2010

Dilly-Dalling Around

I want to start this post by saying thank you for all your sweet comments on our anniversary. Do I know y'all or what? All I gotta do is throw Cat Daddy at you and you're putty in my hands! Can I just say I love y'all for loving him? Makes me think I may have just made the right choice in a life partner!

The 10th has come and gone so let's talk about the 11th and what else is happening during the month of August...'kay?
The Sweet Pea Bistro is officially open! Can I get an "Oh Mama!"? The food is wonderful (I test tasted as much as I could for y'all), but I know what inquiring minds are really hungry for...DESSERTS! Trust me...Gloria has got you covered! These precious French macarones were the Bomb.com...I swear up and down! The perfect ending to a perfect lunch, if I do say so myself...and I do.
I thought I would also take a minute and show you some of Gloria's merchandise in Sweet Pea's. Keep in mind, her inventory is constantly changing and I do mean constantly. If you see something you love...better give her a call PDQ. Chances are someone else is loving it too!
That's true for both shoppes. Things have a way of magically disappearing over night it seems. Now you see it...now you don't!
Ain't no mountain high enough or in this case, ceiling, that Gloria won't send Don up on a ladder to decorate! She floated these mirrors and man alive...what a statement when you first step in the doors.
Whatever your home palette is, I'm willing to bet a dollar to a doughnut...she's got it!

SQUIRREL ALERT!

Before I forget...Amy at Whisperwood Cottage is hosting a two year anniversary/birthday party for her blog. The prize you ask? Hold onto your tushies...a custom made blog button for you and you alone! How cool is this? Amy's posts are gifts in themselves, but holy cow...a cute, personalized button too? Oh Mylanta! I know you've noticed my button and header, right? Amy's magic touch at work! This girl can do it all...from great projects to unbelievable photography...she is a talent and a half! So do yourself a favor...take a break and check her out. You can thank me later.

If that isn't enough to get you through these last dog days of summer, then I suggest you stroll on over to Elizabeth's Shop Talk blog. She is dying to see your August store displays and windows. So much so...she's making a little contest out of it. There are a few rules, but nothing for a stepper. It has to be a display you've styled this month only (not last month, not Christmas, not last year)...August 2010 only. It can be a store window or a display within a shop. Just click here to get all the details about submissions and have fun with this one.

Oh by the way...did I mention that Elizabeth being Elizabeth has added one other teensy weensy stipulation? She has selected a theme for the displays...RELAXATION!
Guess what I'm submitting to her!

20 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Gloria's displays are always over the top and can't wait to check out the Bistro. Your displays always having me looking twice for all the creativity you put into them. And of course for all the cool stuff CD finds (I mean you, smile). Happy Friday, T

Attic Rat said...

I love the bathing mannequin!

I grabbed your button (you can get mine if you want) I'm on a button-collecting frenzy.

I'm hoping to see you in Warrenton next month!!

Happy hunting,
Teresa

Olive said...

Good day to you poet. Pretty please eat some of those sweets for me as I do not eat them any more: ( hugs♥olive

debi lynn mattingly said...

PURRRRfecto!!! Love this darlin...xo...deb

Six in One Hand said...

Can't wait to drag...err... I mean take Mr. M back!!!!

the old white house said...

OH MAMMA!!! Those look delicious! I swear you Texas girls know how to live! And Decorate! Your display is fabulous, good luck! Theresa

Malisa said...

Heck, I might drive all the way to Athens for those desserts! Yum!

Hope you have recuperated from the big anniversary celebration! Wink, wink! ;)

Pop test is posted! Get on over!

MAL

WhisperWood Cottage said...

It all looks yummy!...the junk and the desserts!

Thanks for the mention, D!

Amy

Anonymous said...

do you how many times I have tried to make French macarons? And I have the awful results in photos to prove it. I keep thinking I may do a blog post about it but may not....anyway I want to order some of those delicious looking macarons from that shop! xoxo Lynn

The Sweet Pea Collection said...

Debbie,
thanks for the wonderful post & pics...it was
an amazing week..opening the Bistro...
We could NOT have made it thru those last few
days without the help of Liz,Fran and You....
You girls were absolute lifesavers.....
What a Support Team!!!
Luv
Gloria & Don

Sue said...

Wish I could come for a visit and check out all the displays you guys have. I love the hanging mirrors, they look great. Thanks for letting me visit the Texas shops through yours and Theresa's blogs!

Take care, Sue

Glenda said...

The displays are over the top, I love them. Here in Indiana you just throw a few things in a booth and your a junker. Oh how I wish to come to Texas and shop! Thanks for the pics.
~G~

Anne Lorys said...

Thank you kindly for taste testing all those yummy pastries! It was good of ya to take one for the team. ;-)

Queenplinker said...

OK, I gotta plan a road trip to Athens! Nothing gets my attention like dessert! YUM! And everything looks sooo pretty!

Stay in the shade :0)
Lynea

Nancy's Notes said...

A road trip might have to be in the plans soon! Oh, that would be fun, I'd have to taste everything!

Thanks for sharing!

Nancy

Carole said...

You've had a busy month so far. The summer is flying by but that's ok because I love the fall.
great mannequin btw! and Happy Anniversary!
xxx

THE VERANDA said...

Did you happen to slip any of those yummy desserts in your big blingy purse so you could bring them to me?? Hmmmmm??? I guess I'll just have to make a trip that way and try them for myself. Hope to see you there... Maggie

Elizabeth Maxson said...

I LOVE your window!!! I laughed out loud and I couldn't believe the THEME! Our we thinking alike or what? That is spooky! I am so so glad you sent photos - and thanks so much for the shout out - your blog is a hoot - it is funny - I can't help it, but whenever I read your blog (and I do, just don't always comment), I HEAR your Texas accent loud and clear and I can't get it out of my head when I click on to the next blog when I start reading that one - even if it is from Sweden....hahaha!

Thanks again,
Elizabeth

David said...

I should never have clicked on this before lunch! Looking forward to checking out the bistro!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

It don't get no better than eatin and junkin!
But boy do I love all this junk. Love the dishes in the wicker planter full of straw! Cute.

Yep, your window display is a real winner. I'm sure you will be first place!!

Happy belated Anniversary to you and your Cat Daddy.

hugs
Sissie