Thursday, September 4, 2008

Christmas In September

Yippee! Look at me. Pam at Frippery(http://fluffandfinery.blogspot.com/) nominated me for another award. Thanks so much Pam. If you get to read Pam's blog you will get hooked. Her use of the written word is lyrical. She really needs to write a novel or short story.
Then, I go to the mailbox and pull out this package. I love packages in the mailbox even if they are toothpaste samples. There's just something about tearing into a package with my name on it,(btw, my first name just happens to be Occupant) and finding out what surprise is waiting for me. And what this package held just beats feminine hygiene products all the away around. Laurie from the 2 Chippys sent me a one of a kind, repurposed Chippy necklace, beautifully presented with a cute, cute card. Needless to say, I am over the moon!
Now you may think, can her day get any better? Well, yes it can because The 2 Chippys (http://2chippys.blogspot.com/) nominated me for an award also. Yea for me. It's Christmas in September. And lookie, lookie, Laurie told me how to get that big ol' heart on my post. I am just one happy, chubby lady.
I got awards, I got presents and I learned something new. Since I am feeling so special right now, I think I shall go take a shower, do my hair and allow Cat Daddy to take me to dinner. And I'll end by saying, I nominate everybody because I heart everyone today. You know, I'm going to change my mind and nominate one special person, Jenn at The Apiary(http://daisyrockerjenn.blogspot.com/). She's my baby daughter and probably my best friend in the whole wide world. Everyone should be so lucky to have such a playmate. See, Christmas in September.

5 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!! you did it, I am so proud, I knew if I explained it to you real slow and in my southern drawl you'd get it......And it looks fabulous, Can't wait to see that necklace on you in Sweet Texas!!!!!!Lauri @ Chippys

Anonymous said...

Happy day to you! The whole blogging thing just gets easier and easier , doesn't it? I just had to add your blog to my award list , too. I got the heart pic on my post but I don't know how to give it to you! But I am sending it your way 'cause I love to read your blog. I love the 2 Chippys , too. Sue

Garden Antqs Vintage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Let me try this again, since I don't have spell check turned on, ha ha!

That chippy girl one-of-a-kind necklace is going to look fabulous darlin on you!! I wear mine all the time!

Cottage Rose said...

What a lovely chippy necklace, you will look beautiful in it.
Congratulations on your award, how deserving you are.

Hugs;
Alaura