Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dr. York's Traveling Medicine Show

Here I am with my checkbook and cell phone in hand fixing to(btw, that's Texas lingo)hit the road with Cat Daddy once again. Sometimes I think I must have been born with wheels on my rear the way that man keeps me on the road. Check out the necklace thanks to The Laurie of 2Chippys fame. It is a "gotta have it" if I ever saw one. But, once again my ADD kicks in and I digress. Anyway, we headed out the door Saturday morning to Buchanan's Antique Fair at Market Hall with other destinations waiting.
Now before you start thinking I hit the liquor cabinet early, I wanted to give you a peek and a hint of where we ended. I'm doing another long post on that destination later, but I thought I would set y'all to guessing as to where else we went. And n-o-o, that's not me above on a bad hair day and n-o-o, that's not my tricked out Cadillac Escalade. Those are my hints. I just wanted to see if anybody really reads what I write or if everyone just looks at the pictures.
So back to Buchanan's. We have a dear friend here in Dallas, June Willis, who finds the most amazing things. She is a true antique dealer and is known for miles around. She always does Buchanan's and is usually set up in Zapp Hall at Warrenton. In fact, this will be the first show she has missed in 12+ years due to unforeseen reasons. She is also at Lost on Industrial Blvd. in Dallas. Like I said, her things are just beautiful as you can see from the pictures.
Do you not just absolutely love this turquoise table?
This is a flip flop table(kinda like some politicians). It is papier mache with mother of pearl inlay. Wow!
She always has an eclectic look that the decorators in Dallas just love.
She, like most of us girls, loves feminine things. When we got there, she had already sold a lot.
Check out that fabulous, green magazine rack. To die for.
Open sesame!
I did buy a few things at this show and I'll show y'all later. We have several friends who do this show and it's always fun to go out and see them. After Cat Daddy rounded me up, we headed out to the truck to load and head on down the road. I think I'll leave y'all guessing as to who my mystery guest is. If you guess it, don't give it away. What fun!

8 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Girlfriend...hitting the liquor cabinet early isn't a bad thing...
We saw the hot pink Escalade at the Spring shows..is that your friend's? Love that necklace...I have just the junk bracelet I whipped up for you as well...
Tell me it isn't so...you won't be at the Show this Fall?????
oxox lulu

trash talk said...

Oh I'll be there all right. I just won't be sweating. I'm going to be a tourist.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I know I know where you've been or going or coming from....That pink caddy could only belong to one person!! Oops I almost put the destination in this post. I've been to the shop "LOST" and it's really cool. Yes, I'm one of those that's bad about just looking at the photo's!! And don't blame CD for wanting to go shopping!! Have fun!

The Texas Woman said...

I read ya, Darlin', but I also do love your pictures!

The Texas Woman

Lauri Evans said...

Dahling you look mavelous.....In that Junk necklace, not to mention your beautiful locks, your hair is lovely....Can't wait to see you at the tourist table. Lauri @ Chippys

Mindy said...

Love the necklace! And you caught me, I do go for the pictures first. ha! Thanks by the way for the add to your links. I feel like I've "made it" in the blog world! You, by the way, were my inspiration to get into blogging. Mayron turned me onto your blog, and I was sold!

~Mindy

KE said...

Looks like some lovely things were there. Can't wait to see what you found..

Kimberlee

Eve said...

OMGosh! I'm color blind, everything looks pink. Great pics, I read some, I looked some. I have SAS...short attention span. LOL

Elvis had a pink Cad..............