Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just Looking, Thank You

After we finished at Cleburne, Cat Daddy and I decided to drive on to Hico. I wanted to go to Homestead and look around. This is the exterior entrance to Homestead and Room No. 5. Idle Hours was just down the street, as were several other shops. I have to say they were lovely to look at but, just a little out of my price range.
Only in Texas will you find a giant spur outside a motel. This was in Glen Rose. Maybe the power plant is just a little too close.
The Junk Yard Dog is a shop just off the square in Glen Rose. The outside really caught my eye, especially the ladybug.
This is the entrance. Isn't it cute. The inside wasn't really that big, but every inch was packed. The owner seemed a little reluctant about my taking pictures, so I just shot outside. I try and respect people's wishes and don't like to be pushy. But, once again, I came out empty handed.
Before we headed back to Dallas, we found this great spot in town.
This just screams home town fun. A lot of folks were taking advantage of the day and I have to say, I envy them. Glen Rose is a charming town. I've stayed over night at Fossil Rim Lodge, but there is more here than just dinosaurs. It's also what I would call the entrance to the Hill Country. The landscape changes just that fast. I'd highly recommend it for a day trip.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Bummer. Just looking isn't near as fun as loading up the truck with bargains, is it? I thought you were coming back before the prom. Was hoping to see you all dressed up in your backyard! And Cat Daddy, too! ~Mindy

Rosemary said...

Hi! I just wanted to say it was nice to meet you today in theresas booth! I was the sunburned gal with the crazy canadian :)

A Wild Thing said...

Wish I could've been there, but with winter just around the corner, I'm squirrelin' every penny away for the lost revenues a comin'. Boy it sounds like Texas is just a shopper's paradise. Hopefully some day we'll get to meet in person, in the meantime have a great time with them wild women...can't wait to see the pictures!!!

sharon

Lauri Evans said...

Will you hurry up and BLOG about the weekend? WTF. it isn't THW. What in the world is that?
yours in the BS-trash,
xo the chippys

Lauri Evans said...

Will you hurry up and BLOG about the weekend? WTF. it isn't THW. What in the world is that?
yours in the BS-trash,
xo the chippys

Lauri Evans said...

Will you hurry up and BLOG about the weekend? WTF. it isn't THW. What in the world is that?
yours in the BS-trash,
xo the chippys

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb , I saw a post and then it was gone! Where did it go? I can hardly wait to hear about the show and see all the photos.... I'll check back. Sue

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Deb, I'm passing my roving reporter hat on to you, you are the best!!!