Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Give 'Em the Old Razzle Dazzle, Razz-a-ma-taz

Well, when I left y'all yesterday sitting and thinking about what all you had seen, I promised I would come back today to finish the tour of all things shiny. I also promised that you would get to meet Jasmine and you will. You'll hear her as we look around some more-I swear she raises a ruckus when she is not in the center ring of this 3 ring circus. Pay no attention to her as we go along and if everyone is wide-tailed and bushy-eyed, let's begin.
People, people, people! We cannot stay at the jewelry forever. No stragglers, please. Try to keep up. Don't make me take my earrings off.
Oh dear, please pick up your eyeteeth where you dropped them! I know, I know-you'd give 'em for anything out of this display. Souvenirs can be purchased after the tour.
If you are feeling a little light headed from all the shine, just try not to look directly at the light. While your eyes are adjusting to all the brightness, I'd like to mention Heidi is in the process of building a webpage, but for now you can visit her at MySpace.com/the cloverleafboutique.
And since I am giving out free information(your money is better spent in the shop), she was in the May 2008 issue of Country Living Magazine. You can probably get a back issue.
She was also in a quirky little book called Oklahoma Curiosities. Check with your local bookstore for a copy. Our girl is quite the little celebrity. Me-I'm a nobody, a mutt, but I get to be famous through association.
Okay, let's get back to lookylooing. Everyone got their shades on? Isn't it a shame we only have 2 arms, but if we try real hard, I bet we can get bracelets past our elbows right on up to our shoulders. Ready? 1,2,3-shove!
Please try not to drool on the merchandise. It makes it so difficult to sell later. Besides that, no one likes a wet bodice.
I read a quote the other day that said "Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins". That pretty much sums up Heidi.
Oh gosh-thar's gold in them thar hills. Let's go digging, what do you say?
People, if you can't get it here, it's not to be got. Gifts for others, gifts for yourself, sensory overload.
Such ladies of leisure. A girl can certainly lose her head surrounded by such treasures.
That's right. Everyday's a holiday here at Cloverleaf.
Try not to eat the display or we may just have to go back to photo 1. And before you ask-No, I don't think this pink cupboard is for sale. She's had it so long, I think it is part of the family.
That's what I want to be when I grow up-a fairy princess who resides at Cloverleaf. Of course, none of the Prince Charmings who reside here ever wear shoes, much less clothes. Well, what you see is what you get.
Yes, you too can be Queen for a day or a week or a year or forever.
When the saints go marching in, this is where I want to be. Oh my! Jasmine is trying to sing. I told y'all she thinks she is the star of the show. Now I don't want to take anything from her-she is the queen of the flying trapeze and aerial arts. In fact, she flies through the air with the greatest of ease. Would you like to meet her before she throws a hissy fit?
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Jasmine. She's quite the diva and can be a little temperamental if not given enough attention. But isn't she beautiful? Heidi may think she runs the shop, but just between you and I (don't tell anyone, it's a secret) Jasmine and Fergie are in total control.
Well, I'm sorry kiddies, but it's time to say goodbye. I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I am going to try to go to OKC and visit Heidi's other location. When I do, you'll be the first to know. Tickets can be purchased in advance and I'm sure they will go fast, so make your reservations now.

8 comments:

THE VERANDA said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for all the great pictures! It's been a long time since I've been to Heidi's shop. Such fun stuff!! Keep it coming.... Maggie

The Texas Woman said...

Thanks for continuing the fun today! I truely enjoyed your narrative.

The Texas Woman

Wish on a Whisker said...

Deb~ Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog! I enjoyed looking at your ~junky~ pictures! Do you have pictures of your grandma's kitchen? I bet it was WONDERFUL! ~Mandy

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Are the reservations to tag along with you and CD when you go to her shop? You are a hoot and I really enjoyed reading this post.

Lauri Evans said...

I can't stand it! And I now remember seeing her in the April issue. It's too bad you don't have a sense of humor...hahahahaha
can't wait til Texas!
xo lulu

Pam @ Frippery said...

Holy Cr_p!@ Even better than the last tour. I always thought if I was a bird I'd be a raven because they just love sparkly and shiny things. Thank you so much for taking us with you on your adventure, you lucky girl! Have a great weekend, P.
P.S. What did you buy???

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great post!
I have been wanting to go to that shop! And, I have always wondered what it was like. Thank you for the great pictures! I feel like I have been on a trip!

Melissa Valeriote said...

My head is spinning! What a treasure trove of goodies!! You're my kind of shopping companion.