Thursday, November 12, 2009

Commercial Break

Y'all remember the dog, Dug in the movie UP? Jenn often compares me to him and today I'm thinking she may be right. I've been gathering, trying to keep focused and then I spy something sparkly out of the corner of my eye and.....Squirrel!

I thought maybe if I took just a little break from it and cleared my thoughts, I'd be better off. It doesn't make things go any faster or smoother to push. I just end up getting goofier and goofier and I really don't need to be any goofier!
The big reveal is only two weeks away (no pressure here, so she says!) and I'm working like mad to bring my own style (so she calls it!) to Christmas. Can you say smoke and mirrors?

So as a reindeer, I mean reminder......

Now, A Word From Our Sponsor!
I have no idea what all the girls have planned for y'all, but I promise you up and down, it will be spectacular. Everyone is being hush-hush with what they have up their sleeves. I'm just as curious as y'all are and twice as excited! The fruits of their labor will be revealed the Friday after Thanksgiving at 4:00 p.m.

Da Da Da-a-a! The drama builds!

There will be a small admission for the preview, but this money is going to a very worthwhile cause. Donations will also be accepted for another special cause. A dear friend of ours, Shiloh (who sets up at Canton and Warrenton) recently lost her husband. There will be a designated bowl at the checkout area in Sweet Peas to make contributions to help her with unexpected expenses. The heartbreak of losing her soul mate is devastating in itself and we want to help lessen some of the burden. I mention this now because y'all are some of the most generous people it has ever been my privilege to "meet" and I knew you'd want to know about this. I'll give you more information as things get all lined out.
Well, I've taken a long enough break...time to get back to it. As my mother used to say..."It's not going to wash itself!"
Consider these photos clues, but knowing me...it's all subject to change....

Squirrel!!!

19 comments:

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

It all looks very mysterious, Debbie. Are those black feathers I see there?

Cassie said...

Funny, that's how my attention span is about this time of year! Love the black & white!

Sue said...

Goofy? I like goofy and fun! My brain malfunctions ALL year round, not just during the holiday season. The good part of that is I'm use to malfunctioning! Take care.

AuroraSuzette said...

I actually had to reread the Squirrel part twice to understand it. Is that not, like, normal?? Oh dear. Can't wait to see the fruits of your efforts.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Thanks for reminding me, I need to get that on my netflix list. Tell me, Debbie, do you steal hot dogs and drink out of other peoples glasses? I laugh every time I see that commercial for it!
Love your preview of W&T!!!
Debra

Fran said...

Thanks for bringing up our friend, Shiloh. She is indeed one of the sweetest people you will ever meet.

Anonymous said...

Your analogy to the dog in Up made me laugh. Looks like you've got some good stuff going on. Hope you got lots of work done today.
-FringeGirl

Lanette of Cottage Elements said...

Deb, I completely understand your dog/squirrel analogy. Only too well! LOL! Would love to see everything in person :( Alas, Texas is a little too far. Best wishes!

Lani

Anne Lorys said...

Alas, I will be working those days. Curses! And you know that I would surely drive all the way up there just to see you gals. I'm gonna have to live vicariously through someone...
XO,
Anne

Mindy said...

The white fruit is to die for. Seriously. Love it! It's going to be like Christmas, November 27 & 28, isn't it? he he he ~Mindy

Hayley Fraser said...

Hi Debbie! Love your hair! I just changed mine a little too, put some darker color in places. I would love to see W & T done up for Christmas. Our only hope of something as lovely around here is if Brian and Melonie of The Seedbox have an Open House out at their place like they did last year. I haven't heard yet. You're welcome to come up to MO and I'll take you! Have a great weekend...

Lee said...

Thanks for the peek, it's going to be fab.
You leave the sweetest comments too Deb.
So glad we met in bloggersville.
Lee

red.neck chic said...

Took me about 2 hours to read this post due to the "sparkles" and "squirels" that sent me off in another direction...

I can not WAIT to see what you pull out of your magic hat!!! The fruit is GORGEOUS!!!

Oh - oops - saw something shimmering over there....

;-) robelyn

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Sounds like this is going to be unreal fabulous!!! Those feathers have my interest that's for sure!

I LOVE anything sparkly and glittery!!! LOVE!!!

Now FOCUS!

Lou Cinda :)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hmmm, I'm no good at waiting but guess I have no choice! Smoke and mirrors, huh?? You do a good job at it all, Debbie.

Loved your comment about dogs and wine - you always make me smile, especially when it's needed the most - thank you!

Wish I was closer to go to that wonderful event. I look forward to the photos.

Okay, I'll let you get back to your planning. Know whatever it is, it will be fab!
~Tracie

Tootsie said...

well....my kids have referred to me as Dory...from Nemo! lol
have a wonderful weekend girl!

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

I love it! But I really hate the cone of shame, don't you????

Happy Thanksgiving if I don't "see" you before that,
Judy

Cindy said...

LOL! What's that saying, "I was going to rule the world, but I was distracted by something sparkly". LOL. You'll get it all done. And knowing you, it will be fabu!

-c
yapping cat

maryboys said...

i an hardly wait to see what you are up to , debbie! i simply love the sneak photos - and oh, how i long to be at winnie and tulula's for the big day...

mary