Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Little Christmas Prestidigitation

Y'all...I am tired...to the bone/dead on my feet/need a hot soak/barely can walk/happy to be alive tired! The Christmas open house at Winnie & Tulula's and Sweet Peas was a huge success. I know those of y'all who couldn't attend are going to hate yourselves (and maybe me) after you see some of my photos. I do have a little confession to make...we were so busy at the start, I didn't get a single photo last night. All of these were taken this afternoon, so try hard not to imagine what got away...'cause there were some doozies!

It's no secret that photography is not my forte' and that y'all are all waiting with bated breath for David to post his...heck, so am I! After all, he is the king of the camera and we are all but his lowly subjects...literally, but I'll show you what I got. This is going to take several posts to get all the photos in. You really can't imagine it all...let's just say we kept throwing the breakers with all the shiny! So hold a buddy's hand and let's get started, 'kay? Oh, and try to remember to breathe...I don't know CPR!
Upon entering the front door and to your right is Peg & Jon's (French Vanilla) space. Do you see they're interpretation of a Christmas tree? What about the hanging lights? Would someone please help Anne off the floor...she seems to have swooned! I told you girl, breathe! I'm tired and y'all will just have to keep up the best you can...darn...I knew I should have had smelling salts on hand!
To your left, you will see part of Gloria's custom bedding collection. Good grief...now we've lost Tami! How on earth are y'all going to hang with me to the end if you keep this up!

To my right...that's my right, Gale (Squirrel!)...is the checkout. Believe me, by the time I get through with all my posts, you will be hunting the checkout in a mad rush! So make a map or take notes. Oh heck, leave a trail of bread crumbs if you have to...wouldn't want to lose you in the dash to the finish line!
Temporary snow blindness has set in, but for those of you wearing shades, this is Linda and Ludmil's area. Beautiful, isn't it? I warned y'all...deep breaths!
Peeking through a canopy of white (Sweet Pea Collection) you are adrift in a snowbank of loveliness. Never want to leave, do you? Psst...neither did I!
Believe me, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I promised you white and white is what we delivered! For those of you who have been to Gladewater, I'm sure you are already familiar with Diana of Country Girl fame. Her pillows are 2die4 as you can see for yourself. Bonnie, please tell Dixie to quit drooling on the pillows...unless she plans on buying all of them...and that could be arranged! All major credit cards are accepted along with checks and cash! We love the color of green as well!

This concludes the cook's tour of Sweet Peas! Tomorrow, I'll take you over to the Winnie and Tulula's side, but for gosh sake...eat something! I can't have y'all slowing me down with all this fainting!
Hmmm! I wonder who is just beyond the door?

17 comments:

~La Rustique Market~ said...

Oooh....Aaah...Awesome displays..so much talent there! So glad to hear all went well.

Lisa

Sue said...

I love any pictures, whether last night or today, they are awesome! Thanks for posting them, take care.

Mindy said...

Great pics and tour giving! David is working on it, I promise. We just had a phone conference regarding names and faces. Maybe by the morning (fingers crossed). And my dial up is letting me get 6 up at a time. And, by the way, wasn't that fun??? ~Mindy

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see more, and I'm so glad you survived!
Debra

Unknown said...

Oh my Christmas goodness! You didn't lose me, but ya might if I see anything more. I'm so busy looking in all the nooks and crannies that I can't see where I'm goin! :-) You'll just have to holler louder if I get distracted on our tour. I did kinda get snagged sneaking a peek at the cupboard next to Gloria's custom bedding that you pictured. It's a beauty and one of my weaknesses! Glad you had a successful and fun weekend! Tami

Unknown said...

Well, what a tour that was, I enjoyed every minute...I am really wanting one of those white vintage trees that were made with tinsel...saw one with pink decorations and now I don't remember who had it...psstttt!!!!
Wishing you a good holiday season...
glenda @ Serendipity Cottage

Maison Douce said...

Oh, I am soooo drooling here.... Thank you for taking us along!!! Can't wait to see more...
Isabel

Anne Lorys said...

Well Debbie, you were right, it didn't disappoint! But I don't know if my poor heart can stand to see any more, it's just too heartbreaking knowing that I missed out on so much sheer unadulterated loveliness! And that's just you and Mindy and the Six Girls and Robelyn, yada, yada, yada...I hear tell from Angelique that it was pure bliss.

Congrats on a killer event!
XO,
Anne

sassytrash said...

WOW.....love the naked umbrella/bedsprings tree!!!! That is right up my alley. What great creativity in every corner---can't wait to see the next pics(and read another hilarious narrative--you are a riot, girl) Thanks so much for your help on posting photos!!!

Margo said...

It was wonderful, so much talent under one roof.
Sorry I couldn't join ya'll yesterday, I was dead on my feet. You know why ;)
Margo

red.neck chic said...

Oh my sparklin' stars...it IS all so gorgeousness!!! I came home and looked at my pre-Christmas decor and pulled it all down...now I wanna be like ya'll!!! LOL

It was so FANTASTIC meeting you and the purrin' Cat Daddy!!! Now I get to stalk you even more! WHOO HOO!!!

I gots to get back to makin' my single-wide look like sumten' out of a magazine...yep, like Athens moved west. Think my cat would object to glitter?

I'll get back to you on that.

;-) Robelyn

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Gorgeous!! Lots of talent there!! Miss you!!

Cassie said...

Woweee! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Malisa said...

That Red Neck Chic better jump back! The very idea of her moving in on my..I mean our Cat Daddy! Wish I could have made an appearance at the big soiree, but, alas, no go! However, I will be heading up your way soon to pick up a little sumpin sumpin from Poetry, so I will be looking foward to swinging by Athens to drool. They are within a couple hundred miles, aren't they? :) No big deal for this West Texas girl! Maybe I will see you then!

MALisa

Patina Soul said...

Gorgeous!! Thank you for the eye candy! The furniture is beautiful!!
Hey I want to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog today! I was really hoping that it would hit home with someone and encourage them! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to let me know how it touched you. God Bless you my sweet friend!! :)

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh - heaven - that's what it is. Love the pictures and don't we all want to grow up looking like Nigella!

~Bonnie~

French Vanilla said...

Thanks Deb for the pics. You gals' did such an awesome job for this event!!!! I better step it up quite a bit! Hi to Cat Daddy!