Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Exercise In Futility

I've been reading some of y'alls recent posts about not having anything to write and I feel ya! I've been experiencing this same problem myself. I decided I needed to make a safety net of possible posts in the event I come up dry again. If any of you would like to use some these ideas...be my guest. Consider it a little gift from me to you!

One possible title I'm playing with is "How To Marry A Millionaire". There are so many ways to go with this, but I personally thought I would list the top ten reasons to avoid a junker....that is if you want to be a millionaire!

How about "Boot Scootin' Boogie Blues"? Again, a simple premise of ten reasons not to take square dancing lessons with your significant other. My personal pet project is "Trippin' The Light Fantastic". You could list (btw, I love lists...can you tell?) all the ways to fall down and not show your underwear or what can go wrong on a well planned trip. Either one would provide some delightful reading!

The one idea I won't give you is "Wishing For A Star"! This is my favorite for the day especially after last night's viewing of Dancing With The Stars. Am I the only fool out there who watches this showcase of "stars" making jackasses out of themselves? It's a secret vice of mine. I try not to watch, but it's like a scary movie...I just have to peek!

With "Wishing For A Star" as a post, I could give you a list (I told you I like lists) of all the things you could be doing while waiting for the only star to perform and by star...I mean Donny!
Who are these people and just exactly why are they "stars"? OK, Sabrina the teenage witch was, but she's already been booted off. It really doesn't matter because I will continue to record it and fast forward through all the really bad dancers to get to Donny...oh and Mya. Yeah, I love Mya...she is so graceful. Whoa Nelly...I almost forgot Bruno! He's a three ring circus all by his lonesome! I look at this as a great opportunity to change up my playlist and chair tango. Why don't you release your inner beast and join me on the dance floor? We couldn't look any worse than these (and I use the term loosely) stars! Besides, we all know who the King of the Mambo really is, right?

9 comments:

Six in One Hand said...

What????
When did Sebrina The Teenage Witch get kicked off????...I'm just kidding. My mama is the only person I know who is so intense about dancing with the stars...course she's 79 years old.

Let me start the list on tripping...
#1. wear really good pants. :)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Absolutely!! I like Kelly Osborne! Is that bad?

I do watch it and fast forward too!

Can't wait for all these posts from you!

Lou Cinda :)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

That pic of CD is one of my favs!! I love it. Even some of the most famous writers get writers block, just hoping it won't last long with you!

One Gal's Trash said...

Donny looks like he has had "work" done on his face. Besides, I'd rather dance with CatDaddy than any of those "stars".

I think you're right about the Peter Coddle's trip to New York. It was either VRS' blog or FreshVintage's. Anyway, I'm so happy to have my own right in my hot little hands!
xo
Pam
Bella looks dazzling!

Sue said...

I watch here and there too. I like Donny and Kelly Osborne! Love dancing, can't help it. So I get to practice with Riley. Love when she holds out her little hand and says, "come on Gramma, let's dance"! Take care.

Debra@CommonGround said...

OK Gals, I'm joining you! I love this show. It's the only exercise I get nowadays. Does that count? I get out of breath just watching them!
Debra

red.neck chic said...

LOLOL I don't watch it but DANG - now I'm gonna have to!!! Donnie? Dancing? I'm so there...!!!

2. Make sure and wear frilly, ruffly - cute as all get out - underthings (just make sure and remove your name label - then perhaps no one will know it's you on the dance floor...) Oh oh! Or you could duct tape your pants on!

ROFLMBO!!! Have a good one! I'm lookin' for the TV Guide...

:-) Robelyn

Cassie said...

Okay, I must confess that I may or may not still have a "vintage" trapper keeper with Donny Osmond's face (mostly teeth) plastered all over the front. AND.....I may or may not have kissed it a time or two....many years ago. Maybe.

The Flying Bee said...

Girl, I just can't help myself....I have loads of laundry but had to come and read. I am so glad I did! Once again, I am laughing out loud! Thank you Debbie!

P.S. Bella is a doll!

xo,
Adrienne