Friday, September 12, 2008

Trash Day Thursday

I know, I know-I slept through Thursday. But I had to rest after the grand tour. Please forgive me and let's pretend that it is Thursday. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, I took these pictures in my bathroom and the mirror in the background is not for sale(unless you make me a real-l-l-ly good offer, then who knows.) Also not for sale is the wonderful religious, shell art piece that I didn't take off the wall. Everything else is up for grabs, so let's shop.
Well, wouldn't you just know it, the words are barely out of my mouth when I realize I lied. The fantastic repurposed-art necklace is not for sale either-at least not from me. You can purchase a similar one of a kind necklace from Laurie at http://2chippys.blogspot.com/ . But all the others are for sale and with prom night coming up, this could be your leg up. all necklaces sold
This darling celluloid box has some damage, but is just tutu with its pink lining. Like my play on words there?
These 3 books, Masterpieces of the World's Best Literature are dated 1905. In the tutu box there are treasures galore. An atomizer bottle of Arpege, a bottle of Shalimar, Tresor, and Beautiful complete with petrified perfume. Ooh la la! There is a tiny trophysold with a crack in the base and a teeny tiny string of pearls, possibly a little girl's.
This is an oil on board painting I found in Atlanta, Ga. No sillies, it's not me. Although there was a day when I had decollete up by my ears instead of down by my knees. Doesn't she look like she belongs on the cover of a bodice ripper with Fabio standing behind her?
This is a fantastic dresser box that probably held a brush set. Again, a little damage to the celluloid, but OMG!, isn't she beautiful.
Attention all altered-art artistes. This is spool of vintage orange beadingsold. I don't know how much is on the spool since I just used it for show. Behind it is a red tome, Lecturas Modernas, printed in New York in 1914. It was printed for students of the Spanish language and contains works to illustrate the beauty and romance of the language of Spain. Ole!
In the background are two paper umbrellas, child size, that I used a lot for props. I didn't show the handles and I'm sorry for that because they are darling. They're wooden Geisha girls. Don't you just love it?
I think I covered everything for sale, but if I didn't, I trust y'all to let me know. You can ask any questions of me that you need to simply by going to comments below and clicking on or contact me at debdann@att.net.
I'd like to end this post with something that just made my day. I noticed a lot of visitors arriving from http://vintagesue.wordpress.com/ so I visited her site. Lo and behold, she had done a post on my post of Cloverleaf Boutique. Well, imagine my surprise. Needless to say, I was over the moon and I want to say a special thank you to Sue. She may not have intended to, but she gave me the greatest day. Thank you Sue.

3 comments:

Nola said...

How terrific, I will pop over and look at the other blog!
Those old perfume bottles are exquisite, they just scream Jean Harlow or Greta Garbo, don't they?

kari and kijsa said...

that necklace is FABULOUS!!!!!
Sunday blessings,
kari & kijsa

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

So missed seeing your trash!! Loved the print of the girl.