Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's Pink, Brown and Pants?

Girls, I am losing my mind!!! I don't know if I am going to run away with my UPS man or my USPS mail carrier! Remember how I told y'all yesterday I love surprises, well just take a look at what the two new men in my life delivered in the last couple of days. Amy, who just happens to be the hottest new up and coming photographer ever, sent me this photo of Tanner the Hot Hot Date! He came with Amy to a little party I threw back in February and just stole the heart of every lady there, including me! Check it out babies, she even autographed it! Do you have any idea what this will be worth someday? (Forget it y'all. I have no intention of parting with it ever so don't even think about trying to bribe me!) I got to meet Amy at Warrenton and she is just the greatest thing since Spanx! Thank you Amy S-O-O-O much! Then, if that wasn't enough, the UPS guy makes a running dash to my front door, rings the bell and hot foots it back to his truck leaving a big brown box on the porch. Do you think he has heard about me? OK, who gave him the heads up? Inside the box...gosh oh glory!!! Patti, who is expecting a grandbaby in May, doing a wedding in December and everything else she has going on, had taken the time (What Time???) to send me these adorable things.
This is for Bella and while I was mighty tempted to unwrap it ( just for y'alls sake, of course!), I fought off the temptation. I'll either let Jenn unwrap it on Thursday when I see her or I may wait and give it to her at her shower. We are still going to have a shower for her. It will just be a while. Patti's granddaughter is due in May and I told her I thought that would be just the perfect gift for my birthday! Her name will be Bella and her colors are pink and brown! Funny how great minds think alike!
Now the darling stork carrying the pink bundle of joy, well, that is mine, mine, mine!!! She and Amy both sent the most precious of notes, but that is kind of private, meant for my tears only. I knew you would understand. Patti takes so much time just in preparing a gift, that the presentation is almost enough. I said almost because, well, I love surprises! I ain't gonna lie. My photography skills are no match for Amy's, but on top of the box my stork came in, she attached the sweetest angel! Remember me talking about God's plan? It just so happens that when we do get to have a shower for Jenn, our theme is angels! Patti had no way of knowing that. Coincidence? I think not. God placing special people in our lives? I think so!
Thank you both so much and thank you to each and every one of you for what you are doing for Jenn, Roby and Bella! I love you all! Oh, and for the record, my new favorite color is manila brown.

11 comments:

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

How sweet! I am not so strong and would have unwrapped the gift.

Manilla Brown is always a great color and always full of suprises.
Scrappy

Mindy said...

So much love for you and yours! So exciting! Don't you just love goodies the mail man brings? I love packages!! he he he ~Mindy

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thank you for being such a special person in my life!

Amy

P.S. I'll do an upcoming post on some shoes I got in a...what color box was that?...oh, yeah...yellow!

Malisa said...

Isn't Amy the sweetest thing? I can't wait to see her again. Girl, you have got to watch out about all these men coming to your door! What if Cat Daddy finds out? You got some nice goodies there! You and Jenn and Bella deserve all things beautiful! Oohhh, take pictures of the shower! We want to see it all!

I love the Cat Daddy Kittens!

Malisa

sweetpea said...

It's easy to help wonderful people Deb... Glad to be a part of it and let me know when the shower is.

Hugs,
Shelley

Renee said...

I see that you are well loved. I have no doubt as to why. You have a very kind heart.

Love Renee xoxoxo

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Enjoy all your sweet gifts, Deb!

The Texas Woman said...

Isn't it just like Malisa to want you to take pictures of youself in the shower!

The Texas Woman

Lauri Evans said...

You know you opened that present and have re-wrapped it! big hug! xo lulu

frippery said...

Lovely gifts for a lovely woman.

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I have now officially pee'd my pants, that is the most adorable hysterical pup picture ever!!!!