Sunday, July 26, 2009

Forecast...Pink Showers!

Misty and I survived the baby shower!!! The kitchen has been cleaned, the final guest hugged, all the decorations have been taken down and Jenn's car is loaded to the roof with all kinds of things to make any woman worth her Spanx go "AWWW"! Believe it or not, (although those of you who know me will believe it) these are the only two photos I took of the entire shower. Thank goodness one of my dear friend's daughter was in attendance with her camera. She is sending me a C.D. with photos of all the details for me to share with y'all at a later date. You'll just have to trust me when I say that there was no dancing on the tables or a certain Nana making a fool out of herself....just tons of smiles, gorgeous women and maybe just a little too much champagne punch. Misty and Joey had also prepared a slide show of Bella from the beginning to now that didn't leave a dry eye in the joint! Just call me the Barbara Walters of showers.

Showers are a wonderful way of reconnecting with family and friends with no testosterone allowed...not even Cat Daddy's! Where girls can be girls and foo foo reigns! And speaking of girly girls...isn't mine beautiful? She was beaming all day and it just made my heart sing to see her so happy. It's been a long, long five months, but Saturday she got to have a "normal" shower just as if this had been a "normal" pregnancy. She hasn't had too many "normal" moments so seeing her feeling pampered and special...well suffice it to say I just wanted to hold her in my lap all the way through it. I swan, Bella will never be guilty of being seen twice in the same outfit after yesterday. I love little boys (had one of those myself), but there is something about shopping for little girls that just brings out the sparkle-sparkle in all of us. There weren't that many choices when my children were born. Oh Mylanta...high heels for babies? Some of this stuff is just a scream! Wait until you get a load of my newest little trashette in her leopard ensemble complete with tiny leopard dancing slippers! Go ahead and squeal girls! You will love it!

So now that the baby powder has settled and I've taken off my bra, earrings and shoes, what do you say we talk a little bit about Tuesday.

To recap, I thought everyone who wanted to attend could post a baby photo on Tuesday. I know y'all are all running 90 to nothing, so I won't specify a certain time...just do it when you can by Tuesday. If you are planning on attending and participating, leave a comment here and I'll add you to the guest list on my sidebar. I'll be setting up a special list and hopefully it will show updates...keep your fingers and toes crossed for that! The fun part will be visiting each other and getting to see how creative everyone is with their "baby" photos. I'm hoping for Tanner baby photos, hint hint!

As a reminder, everyone who e-mails their address to me will be receiving a Junk Sistas coozie and one person will be receiving a Bella Pink Rose ring. I haven't figured out how I'll do that giveaway, but I will and it will be fun.

I've told y'all before that I am not an artist, but I am an art lover. I know talent and originality when I see it...with a heavy emphasis on originality! One such artist that I absolutely love is Karen of A*Musements fame. If you are not familiar with her work, you MUST visit her and see for yourself what gifts she possesses. Talent is not all she is full of either (don't take that the wrong way, Karen). She is a lovely, funny, generous and caring lady who by nature should be Southern (since her mother is a Southern belle, I think that qualifies her, don't y'all?). In this blogging world, I take great pride and honor in being able to call her a very dear friend! She made me promise not to gush (she's extremely modest about her work!) by threat of coming to Texas and whipping me like a souffle'.... so I'll go by her rules.... but just this one time!
Are y'all sitting down now? Well you better be 'cause now it's time for the big reveal of what two of you will be winning by playing along with me. Karen has sent me some of her wonderful little shoes for Jenn's shower and I have held back two just for y'all!

I Know!!! Aren't they darling? You may have seen them in publications, special shows and in boutiques. They are 2die4 and if I could squeeze my size 6's in them, I would wear them just about everywhere. I love these shoes more than my Yellow Boxes and y'all know how I feel about those! There are only three words for her designs...Fab U Lous! She has several things in the works so keep watching for all the 411 as it becomes available. I promise y'all up and down...you will be the first to know and it is exciting!
All the photos were stolen, I mean borrowed from Karen without her knowledge and I'll be sure to return them right after Tuesday! My photos just didn't do them justice and I wanted to make sure y'all got the full effect of how gorgeous they are. She can make a USPS cardboard box look spectacular. When I opened it last week, my mouth just watered. Tucked in with the shoes were all kinds of treats and ephemera (you can look Jodi, but no touchy touchy!). All I could do was scream "Mine, Mine, Mine"! I gotta tell you, parting with these cuties was no easy task. I wanted every pair for myself!

Aren't y'all glad I get to be famous by association so you get to share in the bounty? One of these I will be giving away by reaching into the Diaper Genie(fresh out of the box, of course!) where I will place each and every one's name who leaves a comment between now and Tuesday. The second one will be given to one of the party participants. You know what, I think that's who ought to get the ring as well! See, I told you I would figure that out! My "babies" names will go into the baby bonnet for drawing out by my freshly painted Bella pink nails! BTW, I had my first pedicure...go figure! That is a doozie of a post for a later date!

I think that is everything. I will provide the refreshments and music...y'all provide the entertainment and we are good to go!!!
I won't be doing another post between now and Tuesday, so if there are any questions...ASK NOW!

See you at the party!!! Can you say "bye bye"?

20 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Can't wait for the party! I'm RSVPing for two! Tanner and I will both be there!!

The Texas Woman said...

I just know that Bella won't be at all spoiled!

Sue said...

Tbe pictures of your daughter made me cry, sorry, I just kept thinking, what a strong kid she is. And I have no words to say how happy for y'all I am. See, this Calif girl is having more of her mom's Texas roots come out these days. I will definately be attending the "party" on Tuesday, wouldn't miss it for the world. And just in case you are wondering, this Calif girl LOVES flamingos. Tim has taken my son Bryce under his wing. Him and Lisa are doing so well at the store. I've known Tim for a very long time. Yes, he is coming to see you. Not sure about Lisa, but Tim wants to take Bryce, my son, with him. I kind of am starting to "hint" I want to hitch a ride. I want to go stay with Malisa, and then she can cart me around to meet "y'all". I may even pick up a cowboy hat in the process. Sleep well Debbie, and I'm so happy for you tonight!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Don't just pencil me in, permanently mark my name down. I'll be there, pictures and all!! Can't wait...

Amelia said...

I am sooooo lovin the shoes!!!! I'm so glad that Bella's shower was such a fun time...she deserves to have a whole truckload of pretties just for being her! Mom should have one too for being such a trooper through this roller coaster ride called motherhood .. hopefully her ride will slow down for a while now and she can enjoy it a little more. Smiles to you :0)!

The Renaissance Chick said...

This is my official RSVP. Girl, you know that I will be at the shower! If I can't find any baby pictures, I will have Lurch pose nude on a bearskin rug with a bottle in his hand! :)

Jenn looked beautiful in those photos! Her face was beaming and she looked peaceful and happy! By the way, I am still drooling over that "bulletin board" she is standing in front of! Is that one of your lovely creations?

Aunt Malisa

savvycityfarmer said...

it's so darn hard to balance summer and blogging ...I'm out to change that today!!!!

I adore showers, especially the food, which is why my butt is the size it is

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am so glad you all had such a wonderful shower and what a BLESSING precious Bella is!

SHE IS GOING TO BE RUINED!!! And how much fun it will be to do it!!

And no, I saw no grasshoppers at Stone Mountain! Thank goodness cos' I needed break!

Lou Cinda :)

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

EVEN though you are so greedy with all of your goodies that you received...Please count me in! You are lucky you live so far away because I would be the one beating you like a souffle' for letting me look ONLY!!!! ;)
Jenn was glowing...I had to put on my sunglasses to look at the pics...talk about a ray of sunshine! I love love love the beautiful frame in the background...ya'll are soooooo talented!!!!!! Just beautiful!
I can't wait for the shower...
See you tomorrow darling...let's party for Bella's sake!
everything vintage

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Party On! I'll be posting for sure. So glad that the shower Sunday was so very wonderful for all of you!

~La Rustique Market~ said...

Deb,
Jenn looks so pretty and happy. I will be there/here for the shower...not sure what time I'll post but I'll get-er done.

Peace and Love~
Lisa

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

Oh Deb, What a wonderful baby shower Jenn had as she was just glowing with beuaty and yes, little girl stuff is just so much fun!! I am so happy for beautiful baby Bella and cannot wait to see her in all of her frilly outfits!! I am in so let me start looking!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

So glad Jenn had a wonderful baby shower -she certainly deserves it. As for my baby picture, I was born before digital cameras! Sure I could try to scan a photo, but between you and me, I don't know how to scan photos (and I don't know where my baby pictures are - professional organizer out there, somewhere...?). However, I will be at the party tomorrow. I believe I've recovered enough from the "Where Bloggers Create" party over the weekend.

Hayley Fraser said...

I'm planning to participate...hope I do it right. I'm so glad for you and your daughter and the rest of the family.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a fun party. Such great pics of Jenn. Not sure exactly (not been keeping up with everything lately) what you are planning tomorrow, but knowing you every one will have a ball. Thanks, Debbie, for your concern and prayers for Haylie. And am continuing prayers for your precious little Bella.
marcie

Laura said...

Well shoot! I'm a day late and a dollar short.

I'll have to scroll down and find out about the baby photo party.

Your daughter looks beautiful and the shower sounds like it was perfect: great friends and lots of stuff!

Laura

THE VERANDA said...

Hi Deb! I'm so bummed. I won't be able to make the party. Have to go to Canton and work. SIGH..... I do have a little present and will get it to you as soon as I can. Have fun.... Maggie

THE VERANDA said...

ME AGAIN! I changed my mind. I'm coming to the party!! But only for a sec.... Maggie

David said...

Sorry for the least minute RSVP! OK, Uncle David is going to try to play along with this, but on very limited time! My choices of pictures will also be limited, so it may be not so much "baby" as "toddler," but I'll see what I can come up with. Please leave me out of the drawing, as I don't want to take those fine shoes away from one of the ladies. I also already have one of the Junk Sistas coozies from Jenn (thank you very much).

I dare to wear pink!

Malisa said...

Oh, girl, Moonlight Hollow will be there too!

Malisa