Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Through A Glass Darkly

Well kiddies...y'all will be so proud of me. The window is finished for Winnie and Tulula's and I didn't hurt myself once...or fall off the ladder! I have the small window this month while Liz and Fran have the larger one. While I suffered no bodily injuries except for tired feet, poor ol' Cat Daddy almost fell out of the window trying to hang my clock. I think at that point he wanted to clean my clock. No #*%@ words were used, but I'm pretty sure he was thinking 'em! Let the cards fall where they may...I'm done! While I toiled in the window, the big man worked the booth. He gathered pine boughs, swept the floor, rearranged furniture, schlepped boxes, schmoozed with the customers AND took all the photographs! Law, if he keeps this up I'm gonna have to sew lace on his underwear!
I wish I were more artsy like so many of y'all. I would have loved to create a banner or sign befitting the passing of time. Something like "Time In A Bottle" or "Like the sand in an hourglass, so are the Days Of Our Lives" would have been the cherry on top, but alas and alack, here at the home I'm not allowed to play with scissors. Even if I could, I can't draw a straight line, much less do what y'all do when it comes to creating! SIGH!!!
It's amazing how great minds (yeah, right) think alike! Even though we didn't sit down and have a pow wow about what we were doing with our windows...it's like we were on the same wave length....spooky! The girls' window is fantastic. They treated it as if it were two and created a different look for each half. One side is the Stork Club, complete with Fred and Ginger...the other, a little jazz supper club! Mine was more of a French bistro, BUT we each incorporated clocks and time into our designs! I've said it before and it bears repeating...I love it when a plan comes together!
I think now is as good a time as any for a word from our sponsor...Sweet Pea's and Winnie & Tulula's! Don't forget the big White Sale starting next Wednesday! Who doesn't love a good bargain and when the merchandise is this fantastic, it's almost like stealing. Notice I said almost...I got bills to pay so I can't just let it go for nothing, but at 20-50% off, it's next to nothing!
I tell y'all, Miss Sweetie Pie sure does make the rounds, doesn't she. That lady loves nothing more than putting on the dog and living the high life...that's why the lady is a tramp!
I am officially dead on my feet, so I'll say nighty night now. Gotta go get rested up for my big night tomorrow! I do believe there's a mirror ball with my name on it somewhere!

31 comments:

donna baker said...

Deb, you always make me smile. You did good a decoratin'. Give the ol man an elbow for me. He's a pretty good keeper. Proud I met ya this past year. I think I'm almost at my 200th post and am proud we still talk or is it tog or blaf or member what we're talking bout.

Laura said...

You did a wonderful job- and you are the creatonist (I made up a new word) I know.

Have a verrrry Happy New Year.

Laura Belle

Hayley Fraser said...

Happy New Year Debbie! I wish I could zoom on down there for the big sale. I'll be back at school by then :( I love your window and the great big clock. Best wishes for a wonderful Twenty-Ten...

Faded Charm said...

Your window turned out great and I'm in love with that clock. Too bad the shipping would just about kill me. You are one lucky girl to have a husband who helps out. If I had one of those I could really put on some killer Sales(sigh). Oh well I'll live my dream through all you lovely ladies.

Happy 2010!!!

Kathleen

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

My oh my, do I love that clock! Do ya think it would fit in my suitcase? Ha! You did an awesome job on the window...That would make me a nervous wreck and would probably take me days cause I would be doin and redoin. (I don't adapt well to pressure). Anyway, Happy New Year and do let any disco balls hit you on there way down!
Gale

Malisa said...

“The body is a house of many windows: there we all sit, showing ourselves and crying on the passers-by to come and love us.”
---Robert Louis Stevenson---

We are passing by, we see you and we love it!

Malisa

delighted heart said...

LOVIN the CLOCK!!! Email me with price and approx how big. Your whole window looks amazing kiddo! Hope you have a wonderful New Years! Hope to be back to posting next week if I can get the computer to stay on!
bless ya!
patti

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great minds think alike! Your window is just fabulous and yes, that clock is incredible!! And I have to know about the Fred and Ginger. was that an old poster or did someone paint it? Just way too cool! Glad you made it home without any bodily harm!
hugs,
Debra

Barbara Jean said...

The window looks wonderfully amazingly gorgeious1!

Great job!
Glad you did not break anything. =))

blessings

barbara jean

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Deb, your window is SO fabulous and chic! Reminds me of my years in Paris and all those cafes. Love that clockface! p.s. Happy New Year to you and your faithful assistant/partner(in crime), C.D.!!!

Dixie said...

Deb... you dunnn good! Miss Sweetie Pie looks good no matter where she is or what she's doing!
Have a most wonderful new year celebration and be safe!

I did a little shout out to You and Miss Baby Bella in my 2009 year in review post... it wouldn't have been the same without the two of you this year.

God Bless... give the little angel a kiss and a wink for me! Hugs. Dixie

Lee said...

Love that clock... your window looks very good, down right purty.
Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
Lee

time worn interiors said...

The windows are fab-u-lous!! The black legged table in the first picture, is it wood or iron? I love it! Please let me know and how much is it!
TOT

red.neck chic said...

You need to quit sniffing the glue fumes if you think that your display isn't the ultimate in artsy awesomeness!!! I love it!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! That clock gets me tickin'....
And Liz and Fran? *sigh*

That Cat Daddy... he's a good one, huh? I have some lace I'll send you for his underoos. LOLOL

Happy New Year Mrs. Gorgeous!!! I hope it will be the ultimate in greatness for you!!!

xoxo
Much Love, Robelyn

Sue said...

The window looks awesome and I LOVE the clock face! As Tim would say, "bitchin"! It has been such a pleasure spending time with you this year through our blogs! I would love to come visit one day and that "wish" is on my 2010 list! Have a great New Year Debbie, and here's a toast to you and yours, "clink"!

Take care, Sue

Anita said...

Ih, my. I looked at your window andsaid- that Paris table and chairs are sooo awesome. EXACTLY from a cafe. My buttprint may still be on one! And the clock- well, be ready to change the display cause I can see it will be gone soon. Thanks for your awesome comment- I just love you to pieces.

An aside- today my Momma bought a calendar called "Butter my butt and call me a biscuit." She thought that was hilarious. I said- "Momma, you gotta get to TEXAS!"

Happy New Year!

Mindy said...

Oooo. Ahhhh. That big old clock face rocks! Everything looks wonderful. Happy New Year! ~Mindy

DEBBIE BELL said...

Deb..So very tres chic & gorgeous!!
Just like you:)
Have a Happy & blessed New Year
Hugs..
another Deb:)
p.s. you gave me happy tears sweets!

sweetpea said...

Happy New Year my friend! Give CD a smooch for me midnight...

Love ya!

Shelley

The Flying Bee said...

Hey!!!!

Your window turned out great! I LOVE that clock! I hope you and CD have a great New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Adrienne

FILIGREE MOON said...

Fabulous job ladies and gentleman! Very festive. Have a peaceful and merry new year! ~ Angela

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

It's beautiful Deb....I'm in love with that clock!!!

Happy New Year to you and Cat Daddy in his new lace drawers! ~LA

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Happy New Year sweetie!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Anne Lorys said...

I am totally into that whole clock theme you've got goin' there! And I LOVE all those killer clocks you have on the table to the left in your window. I'm on a clock kick right now, I need to come see you.

I just love how CD gets all into the decorating and foofing and schmoozing. He's one in a million!

Hey, thank you so much for your help with my "issue" earlier today, you don't think you helped much, but you helped bunches.

Happy New Year to you and CD and your melon heads, trashettes, and all those close to you!
XO,
Anne

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Happpy New Year , Miss Trash and Cat Daddy!
You know when I get stuck and can't figure out a good design for the booth I'll ask Joe. He'll come up with something Fabulous and then look at me and say " You know I really need a Monster Truck Rally " :0) I couldn't do this without him!
Blessings in 2010 , sweet friend,
xoxo
Sue
Oops , Spell check , then publish

Unknown said...

Deb...Happy New Year! And...for what it's worth, you DO NOT give YOURSELF enough CREDIT! You always seem to evoke some kind of feeling, spirit or dream with your photos of your spaces. I've never been within arms reach of your place, but your photos alone inspire me. Thank you for that...and have a glass of bubbly, you deserve it!
All the best! Tami

Texas Junque Slinger said...

Love the window.... you are so talented. I've read your blog for a long time..just never commented... trying to be better about posting and commenting.

Need to meet ya this time in Warrenton

One Gal's Trash said...

You could do the windows for Saks Fifth Avenue! Gorgeous! Happy 2010 to my friend in Texas and her Cat Daddy!
xoxo
Pam

Pam @ Frippery said...

Debbie, I can't keep up with you girl! That window is gorgeous and I am glad no Cat Daddies were harmed during it's creation!

Janet said...

gosh, how did i miss this? the window looks great! so funny when you said you can't draw a straight line...nor can i, even with a ruler! so excited terri has joined W&T's! very happy and excited for her!