Thursday, May 12, 2011

Jumping Over The Candlestick


I'm still playing catch up here at the ol' Casita de Trash, but I had promised y'all a final installment to "As The Wheel Turns" and here is the grand finale.  What better way to wrap up my Round Top Round-Up than talking about one of my favorite people...ever!


I've made it pretty clear in other posts how crazy I am for Janet and her amazing family.  Imagine my joy at being invited to the celeb-filled event of her Golden Birthday Party ( at her friend Karen's beautiful home and gardens, Hickory Hill Country Inn) held under the Texas stars.

Janet had only one request...that all party goers wear white.  My girl knows how to stage a photo-op like no other!  Tell me now...what woman doesn't look her best in candlelight...the Magic Eraser of wrinkles?  It was Fab U Lous to say the least!

(I'd be remiss at this point if I failed to mention that Peg and Janet share a birthday.  What a perfect Mother's Day gift to receive!)


(Mama Peg, Janet and Sister Mo)

It's no secret I love this family with all my heart....and with good reason. They're all a source of inspiration for me and if they would but choose to adopt me...I'd gladly be Auntie Trash to the whole kit and caboodle.  Heck, who am I kidding...I'd be Granny Trash!  Just say the words House of Jones....just say the words!

(Janet said she didn't want presents...BUT hmmm...funny thing.  Seems the price of admission was a white butter pat...imagine that!  Coinkydink...I think not!)

Janet did a beautiful post on turning...ahem...50 and while reading it, I was reminded of why aging is a necessary (and some might say) evil part of life. Think about it.  If we were to stay 21 forever, we'd lose the opportunity to complete who we're meant to be and to revel in the freedom of being able to do (and say) as we darn well please.  That supreme right of passage, my friends, only comes with years...and lots of 'em.  It also reminded me I'll be turning 60 39 next week...(like I could forget that number...or would even want to)!

Needless to say...May is my month to celebrate, all 31 days of it.  Each one of these days are special birthday gifts from God.  My plan is to rejoice in all of them and I will...you betchur ever-lovin' boots I will...with praise and thanksgiving!  Can you hear me smiling?


(All photos were stolen borrowed from The Red Door, Talk Sweet Talk and Red.Neck Chic.)

My dear friend Laura (who by-the-by will be turning 60 39 as well) and I were discussing this very subject not too long ago.  We knew we needed something special to commemorate such an auspicious event, when she suddenly thought of a Senior Prom.  Ohmylanta...I was on this like a duck on a June bug.  I mean c'mon people...y'all know me...right?  Party is my middle name and a Senior Prom (minus Depends) sounded pretty cool.  So guess what boys and girls?  Yeppers...if y'all are a-thinking what I'm a-thinking...a Senior Prom it is for May 19th!  Cake, dancing, big ol' prom dresses with enough birthday candles to make us all look 29 and all the makings of a major blow-out for the granddaddy grandmama of a LX blow-out of 2011!

Put this date...May 19...on your day planner.  I'll be giving you more 411 as the date draws near!  Janet has set the bar high for a stand-out party, but for those of you that have attended one of my soirees in the past can attest...this chubby, old young-at-heart lady can throwdown a Texasified hoedown with the best of 'em!

(The Jones Clan)

There's a whole lot of shakin' going on here on my hill and I'll be talking 'bout that later, but for now...I'll close with one last birthday wish for Janet...

Never...ever...change!

As my good friend Billy Joel said...

I love you just the way you are!




6 comments:

Attic Rat said...

I missed out on Warrenton this Spring because of my big trip, but I am counting the days until the end of September!!!

I can't wait to hug your neck!

SMiles,
Teresa

Cindy said...

What a great post! Great words and great photo's. Ah yes, aging, a very hard thing for me to do gracefully. Looks like you have found the key my friend. And the 19th, sounds pretty cool, looking forward to more info.

c

bikim said...

i can see it was great fun!
take care,
Rosa

red.neck chic said...

I love this post!!! I was so honored to be there with Janet and her family! And to meet Mo, and Mama Peg! It was SOOOOO fun - let's do it again! Oh wait - we are! I'll go get Janet and make sure she's partying for your 39th on the 19th! LOL

I'm also going to refrain from climbing out the window at this party.

;-D xoxoxoxoxo
robelyn

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I've got the Aqua Net, big hoop earrings,push up bra,panty hose and fluffy puffy sleeve satin pink dress ready complete with the very complimentary bow on the hiney! Good law' what a time that would be!!
39 you say? I believe EVERY WORD of it!
xoxoxox
Beth

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You have the best ideas!
Love how your take on aging and I agree!