Friday, February 3, 2012

Carpe Diem...Deja Vu


February 3, 2012...6:00 a.m.

Fall outta bed and make my way into office.  Power up the computer and stumble into kitchen to make coffee.

While waiting on said coffee, click on TV to double check if the earth is still spinning and what the weatherman is predicting so I can dress accordingly...socks or bare feet.

Stumble back into kitchen to administer the first of 3 cups of coffee, then head on back to the office for just a few minutes of computer time.


February 3, 2012...8:30 a.m.

Try to get up from office chair, but find my butt and legs have gone numb.  Scribble a note to remind me to google this later and find what might be causing this...hoping it's not old age.

Hmmm...find myself wondering on how earth I got that second cup of coffee in my hand...and is it somehow tied to the whole numb-butt phenom.

Start household chores by picking up Cat Daddy's dirty socks from where they hit the floor...smiling to myself at this...just one of his lovely daily reminders of how much he needs me.

Fill sink with hot sudsy water to cram soak dirty dishes in from the night before then off to make the bed.

Do a multi-task walk through picking up cr@p while straightening at the same time.  Place vacuum cleaner in the middle of the room in case I decide the floors need a swipe.

Start to kitchen to wash dishes, but remember I need to check e-mails first.


February 3, 2012...10:00 a.m.

Stiffly, get out of office chair and run some hot water into the sinkful of dirty dishes that somehow got cold.

Put on rubber gloves and haz-mat suit to clean bathroom.  Clean the three sides of the bathtub that show, wipe down the faucets (gleam says clean) and disinfect the toilet seat for that oh-so-fresh feeling.

Look at vacuum cleaner sitting in the middle of the floor and think to myself...is it really dirty.

Fix a little breakfast of Pop Tarts and sit down at desk to eat while checking out new blog posts.  I can't afford to lose any time on trivial activities...like adding another dirty dish to the overflowing sinkful I got on stand-by.



February 3, 2012...11:30 a.m.

Struggle outta office chair and limp into kitchen to find drops for watery eyes.  Funny...I don't remember Evan mentioning in his morning forecast a heavy pollen count. Numb butt, loss of memory, watery eyes...must remember to look this up on WebMD.

Add more hot water and Dawn to sink, but make the executive decision to go ahead, bite the bullet, and wash them to avoid a monster water bill next month.

Look at vacuum cleaner for the third time and have a light bulb moment... floors are clean enough.

My tummy is rumbling, reminding me it's almost lunch time...and I'm still in my pajamas.

February 3, 2012...12:15 p.m.

Fix a burrito (on a paper towel) for lunch, grab a coke outta the fridge, and using my time management skills, make a quick stop at the computer to visit Facebook.

February 3, 2012...1:30 p.m.

Decide to put on street clothes just in case Cat Daddy comes home early and give my hair a lick and a promise.

House smells a bit stale, but can't find my new fig scent candles to light.  Searching for them is eating up my precious time, so instead throw a load of whites in the laundry, being sure to add fabric softener.  Nothing like a little Downey to add a nice fresh scent to the house.


February 3, 2012...2:00 p.m.

Doing all that laundry has me too pooped to pop.  Grab a snack sized Butterfinger and plop down at computer to re-charge for the next round of household chores.

While waiting for energy level to return to normal, get busy doing some real work...reorganizing my Pinterest boards.

February 3, 2012...3:30 p.m.

Jump outta my office chair, hobble into kitchen to run some water and Pine Sol into sink, having recently discovered it gives the house that "just cleaned" smell...without actually having to clean it.

Clean the glass storm door and hope I don't have any birds crashing into it...again.

February 3, 2012...4:00 p.m.

Realize I haven't done a post on my blog in over a week.  Start post, but have to hit "Save" as Cat Daddy's truck pulls into drive.

Hurriedly shut down all tabs, lurch into the kitchen to throw water on my face to resemble beads of sweat, and notice my britches are on...inside out.

Throw wet towels in dryer and almost hang myself trying to get the last wash cloth outta the washer.


February 3, 2012...4:30 p.m.

Greet Cat Daddy with a weary, but loving smile from my day's exhausting work, sit and listen to his telling of his day...and try not to yawn.

Watch jealously as Cat Daddy sits in my chair at the computer to check out auctions and estate sales.

Start dinner while discreetly shooting him the stank eye.

Go ahead and put away vacuum cleaner for another day.  He never even noticed it sitting there.

February 3, 2012...5:00 p.m.

Take a much needed sit-a-spell while supper's simmering to watch In The Heat Of The Night reruns.

Fold semi-dry towels while Mr. Tibbs solves the crime du jour.

February 3, 2012...6:00 p.m.

Sit down at separate TV trays with Cat Daddy and dine in the romantic flicker of The Big Bang Theory reruns.  Laugh together at the same hilarious lines...over and over.

Make plans with Cat Daddy for the coming weekend to work around the house.  Make silent note to self...that'll be the day.


February 3, 2012...7:30 p.m.

Wait patiently as C.D. takes his bath and gets ready for bed.

Listen for heavy snoring and sneak into office for just a short visit to blogs.

February 3, 2012...11:59 p.m.

Check the time and ponder where the time went, while thinking to myself...didn't I just do all this yesterday...and the day before...and the day before that?

Glancing down at the screen, I notice the date on Yahoo shows February 2nd...wha-a-a?

Jump to my feet with the realization...

I'm trapped in Groundhog Day!

Somebody quick...save me!

Change my date and time stamp if necessary...pull my plug...put me in a DeLorean...whatever it takes!  Otherwise y'all...I'm trapped in this loop until further notice and...

if you gotta shoot, aim high.  I don't want to hit the groundhog!


29 comments:

Gayle said...

I think there is a lot of this going around!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Now hit the publish button again so that your post will go to the top of the page and I can keep re-reading this and laughing (thanks for getting me into trouble), you are too funny! BTW, I can just see you hurrying to get up when CD arrives :)

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Oh lord .. I'm wipen' the tears from my eyes!! Such a typical day ... for you and me!! ... my GRANDMOTHER always recommended sauteing some onions/garlic in a skillet as you see your man coming into the driveway ... smells like you've been cookin' ALL day ; )

That Cat Daddy sure has is good!!
xo
Jill

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

OMG Deb, I love this post! You crack me up. You have great talent for putting the mundane and real into a talented whirlwind of mundaneosity....(is that a word???)
Anyway, I love your style and I think you have pretty much summed up my day as well, except I do make a trip out daily to the junk haunts.

hugs


Sissie

Olive said...

I peed me pants-going to shower.

LuLu Kellogg said...

I just wet my brits from laughing! Ohhhhhhhhhhh Deb...you crack me up!!

Love you Sweet Girl!
La LuLu!~*xoxo

DearHelenHartman said...

LOL - They say our love won't pay the rent... great post, so been there.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

ROTFL!!!

I can so relate to it all!!!

We watched BBT last night and the bit about you both chuckling at the same lines, us too, and the vacuum cleaner has been standing in front of the bathroom door for three days, LOL, think I better get my tush off my my chair and put it away before Richard gets home, and while I'm at, I think I'll go hunt down some pinesol, but I think all we have is lime-away, wonder if that'll work!@!

Thank you for the good laugh!!!

xoxo

Pam @ Frippery said...

You are killing me. I would say this is the funniest thing I have ever read but it all sounds a little too familiar. Right down to jumping up from the desk to act like I am doing housework. Even down to the Big Bang Theory reruns. Debbie you are a riot and you are workin' it down to a science! LYthH Pam

Nancy's Notes said...

Omg! My husband is rushing in, yes, wondering what the heck is going on with me! You crack me up!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Did I tell you that the numb leg-butt thing was how I sprained my ankle last month? oh yeah, sitting too long then trying to get outta my chair! I fell on the floor, but managed NOT to spill my full mug of cappuccino! ha ha. like I said, separated at birth! xoxo

Carole said...

Oh man can I relate. That's what it is Groundhog Day though your day sounds more interesting then mine. I think January will bring me such happiness when i will accomplish so much. Unrealistic expectations!
Well soon our routines will change with the coming of Spring ....when we will be pulling our hair out and thinking why did I wait so long to take care of this stuff.

too funny!

Carole

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

You've got a real fan club here at my shop....SERIOUSLY...I could sell tickets for the " Talkin Trash Comedy Tour 2012"!! I can see the T-shirts already!
I read this post to a few ladies that were there and it was so funny cuz one of them came in after I started reading it and she said "That sounds like a gal's blog I read called Talking Trash!!!
Do you need an agent???? LOL!
xoxoxo,
Beth

Laura said...

Spitting laughingspittinglaughingspittinglaughing.

Shaking numb leg and other nether regions with sympathy pains.

Spitting laughingspittinglaughingspittinglaughing.

LB

Gracie's Cottage said...

You crack me up Debbie! I think there is a whole village of 'us' going through our days on the same schedule. Ya don't mind if I submit this for my "what I did today" report, do you?
:D

Jan

Cheryl said...

Oh my, I'm doing' the same thing up here in Ohio!! I clean my bath room the same way, too. (giggle)
Love your style.
Have Fun,
Cheryl

Jill said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are awesome! This is so funny!!! Where does that time go when we hop on the computer to "just check email" "or read one blog post"?!?!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Laughing sure is good medicine ~ thanks!!

Same thing happening here in MA only my mister gets home by 2 every day (prime r&r/blog time to me!).

red.neck chic said...

I can't decide what to laugh harder at... several of your activities for the day or the fact that my speakers wouldn't work... my speakers wouldn't work...

THEN dolly is blasting at the top of her speaker lungs!!! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll be joining you tomorrow... we should start an exercise plan - flex the left hand fingers... flex the right hand...

LOLOLOLOL
robuhlyn

time worn interiors said...

Is all that stuff in your stash? If so I need to come to your house to shop!
Tot

Vintage Home said...

ahhh...you kill me! but there are a great number of us out there.....where does the time go!
well gotta get ready for my booth tomorrow.......in a minute...!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

OMG, did I need this! Too funny and a good laugh much need. Seems we can all relate!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Deb you are a PISSER (that's a NEW piece of Aussie slang for ya)....I've just choked up a gob full of coffee all over my nice clean sheets.... That'll teach me for reading one of your posts BEFORE I get out of bed....hahahaha....!!!!!

Can't WAIT to get back to where it's OK to eat Poptarts for breaky....**wink**....!!!!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah xxx

Dixie said...

Move over Dolly Parton... Deb has arrived!!

hey girl.. get some rest... you gotta be ready for Zapp Hall...!!

Funky Junk Sisters said...

We can so relate to this post!

We wanted to invite you to be a vendor at our Junk Salvation show in Manor, TX on April 27 & 28, 2012. We will be takin' over the whole ghost town! It's a short drive from Austin and we are super excited about being there. We do shows in Washington, Oregon and Idaho and have added this Texas venue to the list. To find out more about us go to http://www.funkyjunksisters.com. We just finished up a show in Portland, Oregon and it was a smash hit...you know those Oregonians love their junk! We even had a visit from sweet Serena Thompson of The Farm Chicks and Heather Bullard of Country Living at our Oregon event. We believe Austin has the same market as Portland. Won't you join us?

Linda & Dixie

the old white house said...

GAAAAAAA this is exactly what I'm talking about! You crack me up... I had a great picture of all of that while you told the story, THANK YOU for starting my day off with a laugh!
tooooo funny!
I have days just like that!
t.xoxoxoxoxoxo

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LMAO!!!!! "discreetly shooting him the stank eye" I was laughing out loud at my desk!!!

You are a riot Debbie York!! Thank you for this much needed laugh today!

Lou Cinda :)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Who gave you permission to talk about my life ha ha!! Loved this girl..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Miss Gracie's House said...

if only this weren't so true...we are laughing WITH you. What did we ever do before the internet? Must have been those dishes...
Rene