Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jumping Jehoshaphat, Leaping Lizards And Sha-Zam!


Just wondering if any of y'all are planning on attending Skip To My Lou's trunk show at W&T's this Friday and Saturday?  I ask because you might really want to try and drop in 'cause you never know who you might run into.
Think I'm woofing you?  People...I got the money shot to prove it!

~Would you look at what came down the road today.~Johnny Rodriquez

PRESENTING...

DA DA-DA DAH-H-H!

(Wait for it!)

THE ONE...

(Are you holding your breath?)

THE ONLY...

(Hang onto your garters ladies!)


CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!

(I KNOW...RIGHT?) 


As he stands majestically, deep in thought in downtown Athens...I can't help but wonder what magnificent ruminations are filling his mind.

Could he be wondering why it's taking so long for the red light to change or what on earth made him think he could get away with wearing white shoes before Easter?

Perhaps he's thinking to himself..."Now where on earth did I leave that shield thingy and did I remember to put on clean underwear before leaving the house like Mama always told me?"

Is it possible he's trying to figure out how to woo Sweetie Pie through the window and upset 'cause he doesn't have a quarter for a kiss...much less a pocket to keep it in?

Maybe he's just confused as to why that crazy woman at Sweet Pea's is calling all her friends on the stapler while screaming like a banshee for him to come and take her away...far, far away from the maddening crowd!

Alas, the mystery remains as to why his sudden appearance in Athens (not to say that Athens isn't THE happening place to be), but rest assured...the folks at Sweet Pea's and W&T's feel so secure knowing he's out there protecting Mom, apple pie Uncle Fletch's burgers, and the American Way!
Now if I were you...I'd plan on being in Athens on February 19th or 20th.  You never know who else may turn up in trendy, hip downtown Athens.  It could be anybody...ya know!

Like maybe, say for instance....
   
(Photo of Narvel Felts courtesy of my long time, dear friend Jodi and the band Off The Record)

Narvel the Marvel!

Or......

OH MYLANTA!


Are y'all thinking what I'm thinking?


'Cause...A-HEM...I'm thinking my honor could use a little avenging right about NOW!!!

What were y'all thinking?

Yeah...I thought so.  Great minds think alike!






22 comments:

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hi Miss Deb -
I wish I could come by for all the fun, but I live too far away. Maybe if I click my heels together and wish real hard.......Darn, I really was hoping it would work. I am seriously thinking about planning a vacation trip, a vacation I really could use, to come out for a visit with all you gals. You have the best stuff and the best fun! Hope you have a great sale.
Toni

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LOL!! Is Captain America picking his nose? Maybe wiping a tear of joy? Intersting....

and **sigh** I am too far away to attend....I need to mapquest it from here....

Lou Cinda :)

red.neck chic said...

I wanna come - I wanna come!!! I'm working out logistics...
(that could be me in the Captain America uniform....)

xoxoxoxoxo
robelyn

Glenda said...

I'll come if you can send Captain America on over here to pick me up. He can fly can't he? All super hero's can fly can't they? Have fun!
~G~

Bohemian said...

Well, I'm nowhere near Athens so I lament not being able to attend... but I had to drop by when I saw the phrases "Jumping Jehoshaphat"... that used to be one of my dear old Dad's fav sayings and it was years before I knew who Jehoshaphat really was... or why he was jumping?! *winks* Okay, so as a kid I must confess I never opened my Bible very much *smiles*... Have a great time... Dawn... The Bohemian

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Sounds like a lot happening in Athens... hope I to get to come!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

White shoes before Easter, have mercy.... I wish I were coming, I know it's going to be great!!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Sounds like a not-to-be-missed event, especially considering the guest list, Deb.

JUNK PALACE said...

Wow-we-gazoue-we.(I'm pretty sure that isn't spelled right.) That sure is a lot of big words your using are you sure they are spelled right. Hope to see you this next week-end. I'm going to check on WT's and Skip to My Luo's trunk show. Her jewelry is to die for.
Lillie
aka junk palace

Faded Charm said...

Thanks for the good laugh, Deb....I can always count on you. Good luck this weekend. wish I could be there, cause ya know I would if I didn't live thousands of miles away, right?

Take care,

Kathleen

Beth Leintz said...

If I had a Magic Carpet, its GPS would be honed in on Athens TX, specifically W & T or Capt America, which ever is easier to find.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Debbie, one more if only...Well actually two but I will keep the second one to myself, being a lady and all.
You had me snorting in my tea!

Gracie's Cottage said...

Yowza...guess I really live in boringville...never seen anything hear approachin' the wonders of Athens!

Jan

Gracie's Cottage said...

h-e-r-e
Fergot my spellin' there for a minute!

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

On my way now! judy

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oooh, I didn't know there was a new superhero movie coming out this summer! Yippee! I'd love to run into THAT guy out on the street. Yum.

bikim said...

lovely!
!
happy sunday!
Rosa

Barn House said...

Athens, here we come! lol

J/J

Miss Gracie's House said...

Well, now i really wanna visit texas...
Rene

Rebecca said...

You gals have all the fun... wish I could be there!
I am back home and it snowed last night, woohoo. The sun was so nice while it lasted, now it is back to reality. So I am catching up on your posts this morning and smiling... you crack me up and lift my spirits, as always.
Blessings today
RE

Lily's Lace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lily's Lace said...

Well hell I had to remove my first post because I thought you were talkin bout' Athens Georgia! Lordy I need to wait a little longer till I start drinkin'. But yes all you sweet yankees and ferners' need to come on down and have some slap your mama they're so good margaritas, and enough bbq to feed Cox's army. Sides that, Mr. Marvel can make any gal feel tingly all over.

You'll fit right in if you understand that:
*Frito Pie is not really a pie. It's chili poured over fritos with cheese and those with no bo, onions.
*Never ask a ranch or farmer how many acres they have. It's like saying how rich are you?
*If the birds get real quiet and the sky starts to turn green, start looking for shelter, a tornado may be on the way.
*Oil rigs, hair and diamonds are never too big in Texas.
*If you see a cowboy with a really big belt buckle, we call that a tombstone for a dead ****.
Ok mamaw has already turned in her grave I've been so tacky, so time to close. I LOVE your fun website.. Come see me!