Monday, February 14, 2011

Jumping Straight Into My Lover's Arms


~You must remember this,
a kiss is just a kiss,
a sigh is just a sigh~


Today I'm joining Jill over at her Porch Club.  I've told y'all before that the window at W&T's is one of my "front" porches.  I spend so much time there with my rear-end waving at the passing cars...it just seems fitting to include it today with one of my crazy relatives doing the waving for a change!  Remember...here in the South we like to put our eccentric family members out for the whole neighborhood to see...and Sweetie Pie is just like one of the family!

~Let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees~

If there is anything your mama forgot to tell you...just ask Sweetie Pie.  This is one lady-in-red that has been around the block or two...and back!
Me?  I'm just hoping this Valentine to make Cat Daddy so happy...he'll look like the cat that ate the proverbial canary!


~Kiss me twice, once more; thrice, make it four
What a break for heaven's sake
How long has this been goin' on?~


(Times are tough...inflation even tougher, but here at W&T's, a kiss is still just a quarter!)
Whatever you have planned for Valentine's...you can tell me.  I promise not to breathe a word to a soul...cross my heart!


~She had...mmm, mmm...kisses sweeter than wine!~

Are you planning a romantic dinner for two?  If you're stuck for ideas, my Frito chili pie recipe is only a coupla posts back, but only if you're looking for something to heat things up a notch or two!  Just add the house wine of the South and you're good to go!  Best part...less clean-up time...more make-out time!

~Kiss me once, then kiss me twice and kiss me once again.
It's been a long, long time~

I know one thing...it's been a long, long winter!  As much I love Cat Daddy (and I do...a lot), and even though is is the day of L-O-V-E...I'm ready for a minor change!  So much togetherness is challenging.  After all...absence (just not today sweetheart) does make the heart grow fonder!


~My funny Valentine,
sweet comic Valentine

Jill asked for special recipes to be included in this post and I was going to share mine for a favorite around the Casita de Trash...Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake, but then I found THIS !  Katie bar the door...this makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it!  I am so gonna try this 'cause as good as mine is...three layers of cake, sandwiched with ganache and then topped with chocolate pecan frosting (do you see the tiny heart in the frosting?)...OH LAW...this can only be three times better!  Besides...remember what your mama taught you?  The quickest way to a man's heart is always through his stomach and this one is guaranteed not to deliver heartburn or a u-turn...only a come-hither yearn...and maybe, just maybe...a new trick for an old dog to learn! 


Your looks are laughable
I'll say...take a gander at that hat!  She's such a diva!  BTW...blown kisses are on the house!


 Unphotographable
Or at least not by me through a window on a sunny day!


Yet you're my favorite work of art.~
And by that...I mean y'all...every last, lovely one of you!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL MY FAVORITES!

XOXO




24 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Valentines Day to you love!!!

Enjoy your day sending you much love from me to you Deb

xoxo
Kate

Faded Charm said...

Love your window display...perfect for the season. Sending you lots of hugs on this Valentines Day.

xoxo
Kathleen

A Wild Thing said...

XOXOXOXO from Ioway...and what a wonderful day, it's sweatshirt weather...I don't even have wool socks on, I'd kiss any old fool right now...well, maybe Scratchy...have a wonderful day and give CD one of those flyin' kisses!

s

Cindy said...

What a sweet Valentine post! :) Love ya gurl! Happy V Day!

-c

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Debbie, and no refunds too right! of course after eating that chocolate cake you'll want more not less!! You always have the best posts to make us smile and laugh too. Happy ♥ day!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Have a Wonderful Valentine's Day Debbie with Cat Daddy!!

Loved this post!

Lou Cinda :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Thanks Debbie...I knew I could count on your post to make me smile!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

red.neck chic said...

Happy Love Day to the Trash Talker that steals my heart EVERY day!!!

xoxoxoxo
robelyn

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
Happy Valentin'es Day! I hope you and Cat Daddy eat up some of that chocolate cake and blow kisses at each other!

I'm givin my Valentine half of my chicken salad on a croissant, half a pickle and half my bag of chips....now that's what I call love.

Love the window you clever girl you.

hugs
Sissie

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

You had me at chocolate pecan frosting ... Mmmmmmm.

Your post is very amusing, as always ... but I have to say, your Sweetie Pie seems to be a little 'cold' and 'stiff' ... I really envisioned your family being much more warm and animated ; }

Thanks for the smiles my funny Valentine!

xo
Jill

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh, that cake looks and sounds divine! And your kissing booth is a scream. :0) I loved your post and all of your quotes...I'm visiting for Porch Club and I have some goodies baked just for you!
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Sue said...

I'm lovin' the kissing booth! How cute and cleaver. Happy Valentine's to you and your Cat Daddy. Me, tonight, I've got a date with my little 18 month old granddaughter so her daddy & mommy can go celebrate Valentine's Day the right way! Nice dinner & drinks & each other. I've gotten Valentine kisses from all three of my grandbabies today, so my life is GOOD!!!

Take care, Sue

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Such an adorable post as always... Deb you do such an amazing job decorating the window at Winnie & Tululas, it's always over the top gorgeous! and OMG that cake looks sooooooo yummy!!! Happy Valentines Day!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Jena Williams, Not So Shabby Interiors said...

OK, Chocolate cake,yum yum...a kissing booth for $25,wow, what a deal!
xoxo,
Happy Valentines Day,btw... Cat Daddy has to be one lucky man!

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Well Deb Dah-lin, you are one of MY favorites, so what a fine Valentine's Day it is! And yeah, you had this Texas native at PECAN!

Happy VD (being a microbiologist, I just love saying that!),
XOXO,
Judy

The Green Pea said...

Happy Valentine's Day Debbie. Oh, that chocolate
cake looks delicious. Your post makes me lol. sandi

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I do see the tiny heart and that frosting and cake look so good, love pecans here... the more gooey the better.

I'm watching Casablanca & they were playing the song while I was reading along above... You must remember this... it's a sign that I should have a piece of that cake!

Happy St. Valentine's Day sweetie!
Thank you for your kind comments about Zeke, he's sitting here w/me now.
xo~Tracie

Bohemian said...

Your Post made me smile... Happy Valentine's Day to you and Cat Daddy... Dawn... The Bohemian

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Deb....You're MY sunshine....On a cloudy day....Once again a post to make me SMILE OUT LOUD....THANKS Lovey.... :o) !!!

The window at W&T's as ALWAYS looks SPECFREAKINTACULAR....I really do wish I could see it up close for myself....I also WISH someone'd take a pic of your bum wavin' in the window.... :o) !

That chocolate cake looks positively WICKED....POSITIVELY....!

I hope you & Cat Daddy had a WONDERFUL Valentines Day....!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah xx

Queenplinker said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe all the work you put into that window!!! I LOVE it! I'll take a kiss and a piece of cake, please!

Hope you and Cat Daddy had a grand day ;0)
Lynea

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Aw, that sweet little heart shaped pecan!!

J Hill Designs said...

Oh My!! That chocolate cake looks completely awesome. Just looking at the picture makes me want to "slap" somebody. BTW, are you doing Warrenton this time? Thanks for coming by!!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Deb, your kissing booth is amazing!!!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Cute post:)...looking for the heart in the cake was like searching for Waldo...but I found it!
Rene