Sunday, November 16, 2008

Surprise Guest Star

How do you do. Let me introduce myself. I am The Jakie Dog, ruler supreme of Debbie and Cat Daddy. Whoops! Don't tell her I might have messed up her chair a little bit and maybe she won't notice. She is a little under the weather and Cat Daddy asked me if I would be her guest blogger for the day. Being the obliging little fellow that I am, I said by all means, I would be most happy to talk my little head off. My Cat Daddy also mentioned that his sweet britches (that's what he calls her when no one is around) had been nominated for an award by Cheryl's Fascinating Finds. Wow, I don't know what that is, but it sure sounds important. He told me that I had to tell 6 things about Debbie, but I read some comments and I think you would rather know 6 things about Cat Daddy. He's out of the room right now so here goes:
  1. He used to ride in the rodeos in his much younger days. He competed in bareback riding. Debbie has a great photo of him just as he's getting bucked off. He quit when they got married. Too much of a wild life for her.
  2. He played guitar in a country and western group with friends in the 1960's. Hey, maybe that why he thinks he's such a player!
  3. He bought me for her birthday at Dog Alley in Canton. I'm a true junkyard dog.
  4. He is addicted to auctions. Can't stay away from them and can't keep his hand down. It drives her crazy cause she hates them. She says it likes going to the horse races and having to wait in between races. She's kind of impatient that way.
  5. The man loves a good sale and a clearance even better. He has been known to buy her maternity tops because they were on clearance and a good deal. Problem was, she wasn't preggers. Oops! Didn't score him a lot of points on that one.
  6. Everybody wants to know why she calls him Cat Daddy. You got me on that one. I think that is a secret just between them. You'll have to pry that one out of her. She tells me it's not for little ears, whatever that means.

I'm supposed to nominate 6 more people but since I don't know anybody, I pick everybody! Cat Daddy is coming back into the room now, so I better get down off this chair now. Hey, this was fun. If you tell Debbie you lo-o-o-ve me, maybe she'll let me do this again sometime. Bye for now.

17 comments:

Mindy said...

Well done, Jakie! Much love to your Mom and Dad. Thanks for all the scoops on CD. Good stuff. ~Mindy

Debra Hall said...

Nice to meet u Jakie and good job! I bet you have sweet britches and CD wrapped around your paw with a face like yours! Debra

debi lynn mattingly said...

Aren't you a cutie pie! I promise not to tell ma and pa....but, will ask ma to let you come back and visit us again. Tell your ma to get better soon! xo...deb

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I have met Jakie personally, what a cutie and sweetie!! Thanks for letting us know CD a little better!! Hope you are feeling better soon; that gets in the way of shopping :(

French Vanilla said...

Hi Jakie. You look so cute. I know Hannah (Golden Retriever puppy) would love to meet you. She read your blog and just loves it!!! She said your mom should be proud of you! Hope your mommy start to feel better soon. And your Cat Daddy is a neat man!! peg

The Texas Woman said...

I love it when your brain runs on pure imagination...and alcohol!

The Texas Woman

trash talk said...

I was under the influence all right-too much cold medication-when I wrote this one. Sorry, y'all!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Jakie,

Tell sweet britches (oops!), I mean Deb, to get well soon! Tell her no apology needed. Cold medicine or not, this was an awesome post! We loved learning about you and that mysterious Cat Daddy!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award!

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

That post is priceless, I want some of that same medicine. Love both your little guys,
Cheryl

time worn interiors said...

Boy, does Trash Mouth have you guys fooled!! She blames this on the cold meds, but I know her personally! Guys, she is NUTS!!!! She does hear voices and thinks it is Jakie! As her therapist please don't encourge this behaivor, she is very fragile!

By the way SWEET BRITCHES, why have you missed your last two appointments?

Theothertheresa

Heidi said...

How funny. I have been reading your blog and having a great time. Thanks for watching mine, maybe we will catch up with each other someday. Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi , Deb , Hope you're feeling better. Now we want to see the rodeo pics of CD rodeo days. I'm not crazy about going to rodeos but I love the photos. Sue

A Wild Thing said...

Funny how dogs know when they're going to the vet or the groomer...do you suppose he's shaking in his boots right now reading this email...ha!

Thanks for giving me the name of the 'Barbola' plant stand, I was hoping it would appear magically in the middle of the night...When I saw it I was like...'must have' and could've sold it to a dealer that was too late to see it, but I want to put it on the web site. Now that name has a permanent reason to stay in my hayloft(brain)...thanks Deb!

Geralyn Gray said...

Thanks so much for popping over to see me. i had to come visit you. I love antiques too. My dad collected rocks and minerals. We traveled a lot doing shows. His favorites were antique shows. I caught the bug. But, since his stuff was soooo heavy I stuck to collecting doll house furniture and victorian paper.From the looks of it you Texans look like you have some great antique shows. Come back for a visit on my blog sometime soon.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Very funny! Your whole blog is funny & it has lots of eye candy...I'll be back!

XO Marie said...

Just found your blog ..LOVE it!
Marie