Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Smile When You Say That, Stranger

Lisa at Antiques and More gave me the Lemonade Award and I want to give her a special thank you. It's always an honor and privilege when something like this is given and it is never to be taken lightly. I don't. I'm always thrilled to know I have special friends out there and I am so grateful. I had received it from Krista a few days before and had asked that instead of passing it on, I wanted to pass it forward. You girls responded in such a giving way and here are a list of places to visit and reach out to:

1. Sharon's------Summer Sundays JW

2. Mindy's------A Simple Country Life and Hope for the Maxeys

3. Pam---------Deck Apes

These folks need our love, support and prayers. Please try and make time to go by and just let them know you are thinking about them. In advance, I'm going to say thank you so much!

Now I'm going to give you another challenge with this award and I just won't take no for an answer. I am passing this award on to each and everyone of you with one itty bitty catch. I want you to take it and smile. Look at it. It's so darn cute, how can you not smile? I don't mean one of those little grins, but one of those big ol' show the gums, toothy smiles that lights up the room. Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones". Girls, osteoporosis doesn't need any help, so smile. There is nothing more beautiful than a smile that starts at the mouth and goes to the eyes and straight to the heart. It shows so much more than we thought we wanted to reveal about ourselves. It says you care, you love, you're fun, you're sexy! That's right, I said SEXY!!! Made you smile didn't I? Did you ever wonder why some people seem to draw others to them like honey? Well, take a look at the following photos. Look at their smiles and their eyes. Who wouldn't want to hang out with them and be their BFF!!!

photo courtesy of Garden Antiques photo courtesy of garden antiques photo courtesy of Sparkled Life
My personal favorite smiles above and below. These put a permanent goofy grin on my face.
You couldn't help yourself, could you? You were smiling before you got to the last photo. See what I mean? There's a party going on in those faces! So take my challenge. Go stand in front of the mirror and smile. When the light is coming out of your eyes, my dears you will be catnip to your cat daddy! Heck, send me a photo....I like to smile, too! Oh, I almost forgot. I did a short post on the Vintage Journal on Lillie's grand opening with a few photos I didn't include before. If you have time between smiles, please read it. Thanks!!!

21 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

You always make me smile!

Amy

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey sweetie!

Everytime I read your blog I smile! Heck I have been smiling all my life...could be why my "wrinkles" show a bit more than others my age? ;)

xo...deb

Anonymous said...

" you always make me smile " I second that :0))


Sue

delighted heart said...

Ditto...Ditto! In fact you don't just make me smile..you crack me up! I spewed tea on the computer when I read your comment at Frippery! No seriously this is such a cute post and look at all those smile seeds you've been sowing. You will get back many many more! I see you met my fabulous friend Crystal...can't wait for you to meet her in person!
Jump over to the Vintage Housewife...she's got photos of a canned ham rally in the desert! You will have to join the "Sistas on the Fly" group when the Casita de Trash is complete! Hope you are having a fabulous week my new BFF!
Bless Ya My Smiling Chik friend!
Patti

Mindy said...

I love this! Big old smile abounding! Great pictures, great writing. Of course, that seems to be a trend. Congrats on the awards and thanks for the inspiration! ~Mindy

trash talk said...

No, thank y'all!!! Tn'T

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You did make me smile, you always do, but then how could we not with your beautiful smile!! Cheers...

lorhen82 said...

Love the beautiful smiles! Just yesterday I went to lunch at a diner where I go occasionally, and one server pointed me out to another server and said, "This one is ALWAYS smiling!" Then she told me we need more of that in the world. You just never know how much a smile might do for someone else...and it makes you feel good too!

Hugs...and SMILES!
Lori

The Texas Woman said...

You made me smile. Can you see me through the computer?

The Texas Woman

sparkled*life said...

Wow what a wonderful post! It did have me smiling that is for sure :) It is amazing how a change in your face changes in the heart immediately follow! It always amazes me!

Thank you for the wonderful blog!

misselaineous said...

Hey Girl As always, you made me smile! I don't usually have a problem smilin' but some days it seems just a little harder. Yesterday was a day from the outer reaches of hell...but...I got through it, survived it, and came out on the other side SMILING!!! Thanks Deb, as always *elaine*

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Yup, you always make me smile too, whenever I come on over to your blog! In fact, we depend on you, Deb!

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Thanks for widening the smile on my face this morning:D

Pam @ Frippery said...

What a crew of beauties. Of course with you around Debbie how can we help but smile. Luv ya girl, Pam

David said...

Great blog, Deb! Thanks for using the picture of Mindy and I. I guess it's very apparent why I'm smiling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award. You're very deserving! I LOVE the pictures!!! A beautiful bunch of smiles...just what I needed today.

-FringeGirl

Lauri Evans said...

Girl You ain't right. To funny looking at those pictures. And I must say where ever did you get that gorgeous necklace on your header mannequin????? Lauri @ chippys

trash talk said...

Gurrrl! Doncha know? I have this divine friend who lives in Georgia and she makes these divine necklaces and her divine friend makes these divine bracelets. You didn't know? Oh, but you must get you one. I've been told they are the most sought after bling on the planet. Deb

Anonymous said...

Debbie, do you heat by gas. Hope you stayed warm!! Love all your smiling pics.
marcie

Maison Douce said...

What a great advice!! I truly feel that people who laugh a little bit every day live longer, happier lives!!
Isabel

A Wild Thing said...

You da man Deb.. your suth'n humor never fails to put that orn'ry grin on my face...but I gotta say, some of them grins look like trouble to me...you know the table-top dancin', boot-scootin' kinda too much fun kinda gals...Ha!

nut