Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tighten Up Those Bra Straps

I want to start out this morning by sending y'all over to Pam's at Frippery for words that will lay on your ears like music. She has the most beautiful command of the English language and reading her posts are like being wrapped in a hug. Her post is on her goals for 2009 and what she wants the year to be for her. But her desires are so simple there is no reason for failure and I plan on striving for them as well. Go, take a look, I promise you won't be disappointed AND for a cherry on top, she's having a giveaway to boot. It's a win-win situation.Boy oh boy, are we all ready for change in 2009. I've been reading a lot of y'alls posts and I think we're all rowing the same boat. In 2008 we were looking to simplify and that same theme seems to be carrying over into this new year, but we're doing it with a purpose. Several of you are purging your treasure troves, but not for mercenary reasons. I love, love, love this new attitude-only wish I had thought of it first. I'm excited about this year and all the support for one another I see coming. Hallelujah, Amen and pass the ammunition!!! NEWS FLASH-THIS JUST IN!!! Mindy at Primitiques n' Poetry is also having a 100th post giveaway. Go over and see her and tell her I sent ya! And it's not too late to enter Isabella's giveaway either. You have until Friday to leave a comment. Hurry!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen sister! I think Simply IS our new Mantra. However, one person's purge is another person's treasure. I think we are all simplifying in order to collect more stuff. Isn't that the way it SHOULD be.....the Cosmic Karma of the world, just moving itself around! Happy New Year...

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are just a hoot!!! Now if we can just train that new grandbaby to follow in your footsteps. I see a wave coming on...that only you could teach1

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thanks for the link to Frippery, Deb! Very inspiring!

Amy

Mindy said...

That picture is cracking me up! Here's to us, my friend. ~Mindy

XO Marie said...

LOVE the pic!!! Awesome!
Marie:)

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hey darlin!

I got so many emails about "WHERE THE @(#**$**$ ARE YOU???? That I went ahead a redid my blog...only this time it is just about my junkin' adventures, store & my art.
(That way it is easier and don't have to really say much....just pics...simple!)

Thanks for your love & support!

xo...deb

XO Marie said...

OK, NOW you've made my whole year!! You get to Hang with the JUNK GYPSIES???You are TOO COOL for SCHOOL GIRLFRIEND!!I want you to post pics next time you see them, K?
I want to dress in petticoats and cowboy boots everyday...but my kids wouldn't allow it! LOL
Marie:)

delighted heart said...

Hey girl...If you want to come in town on Friday (to be at the auction early) You can crash on my couch! My sister-in-law has dibs on the guest room this weekend! We'd love to have you go to Chik Nite with us! I've got to go to Big D to look at a wedding venue on Sat so I will miss the auction. my email is pattivee@suddenlink.net
Cool sign by the way!